Thread: Controlling Colors in the Simu-L Stick

Default Controlling Colors in the Simu-L Stick

I have a PII + and I think I have the lighting schemes set; all but the Simu-L sticks that is. I can get them to turn on and even gradually light and dim using the illumination programming, but what I am trying to do is have the sticks pull up with a red hue in the morning/evening and of course shift over to a more whitish or blue white light for the moon. Am I missing something or how do you control the colors via the illumination settings? Thanks in advance for your always prompt help.
    Brad

Assuming the Simu is connected to L1L2 and the corresponding illumination channels are 1 and 2:
    program L1 (if these are the blue/white LEDs) to start in the evening and to shut off in the morning
    program L2 (if these are the red LEDs) to start i the morning and to shut off in the evening

Matthias
    I am missing something here. Yes, the Simu-L stick(s) are plugged in to L1L2, but where do I choose what colors I want on??
    Brad

Matthias,
    Rereading your resonse, you understand I am speaking of a Simu-L stick (which has many colors (red, blue, white, etc.) all in the same light stick? I thought you could control the individual colors in the the Simu-L stick to light as you so choose. In playing around with them, I have had them glow white only, blue only (I think), red only (I think), and certainly all on. I'm just trying to figure out how to control the individual colors (or combination of) to come on when I want them to come on (if possible).
    Thanks,
    Brad

there are 2 groups of LEDs in the Simu: red/orange and blue/white
    both groups are separately dimmable, but it is not possible to dim blue and white independently
    each group occupies one 1-10V-channel

I think it becomes more clear when you use the "manual illumination" function (directly on the device, under menu illumination - press sun key) or you use in ProfiLuxControl the "light scenarious" and play with the channels 1 and 2

How do you use 2 simu-l sticks and can you control each one independently?

Michael

Actually, I have both connected to the same port (L1L2) using a YL2-1 cable. My tank is 8' wide and I needed the two sticks running simultaneously to get the proper coverage. Matthias, I still haven't had a chance to look at the programming of the lights. Hope to get to that yet tonight.

Brad

Matthias,
    I finally figured it out with your help. I understand now that blue/white LEDs are on one "L" channel and red/orange are on the companion "L" channel and each can have their own illumination command/settings. I now have a warm red glow in the morning/evening and a nice blue/white moonlight at night. Thanks again for your help!
    Brad