Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New product "LEDControl1"

how many aqua rays can you controll of one unit or is a one for one thanks.

Hi,
    one LEDControl for one TMC Aquaray or SunaECO (the name in germany)
    Jens Meyer

I may have missed this somewhere, but is this effectively an LED driver? I noticed the DC input on the picture from the first page. Is the DC power supply provided with this unit? How would one go about connecting this to a DIY setup? Are the LED connection leads bare wire?

I was thinking about using a UV light strip from here for a cool blacklight type effect to show off flourescence of the corals ...

It's a strip of waterproof LED's. Rated current is 640mA at 12V, which seems to fall within the capablilities of this GHL product.

Look at the Propeller Control, it is 12v and is rated for 800mA

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst..._technics.html

but the PropellerControl is voltage controlled and not current controlled like the LED-Control1 (wow - 4 times "control" in one sentence)

-> you can use the LEDControl, this is a LED-driver. The voltage is max. 20V, but this is no problem for your 12V-LEDs, when you don't exceed the max. current of 640mA (just set the 1-10V-output of the ProfiLux a little lower than 10V) the voltage on the LEDs will settle at about 12V. There is a DC-connector, no open wires

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    but the PropellerControl is voltage controlled and not current controlled like the LED-Control1 (wow - 4 times "control" in one sentence)

-> you can use the LEDControl, this is a LED-driver. The voltage is max. 20V, but this is no problem for your 12V-LEDs, when you don't exceed the max. current of 640mA (just set the 1-10V-output of the ProfiLux a little lower than 10V) the voltage on the LEDs will settle at about 12V. There is a DC-connector, no open wires
    Thanks Matthias...

Is a DC power supply provided with the LEDControl?

no power supply included

Correct me if I'm wrong, then, but a regular AC/DC converter box style power supply should suffice? Something like the typical 20v notebook power supplies? My concern is the connector that must match the input on the LEDControl. Is there a universal voltage adapter that you could recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by dipan View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, then, but a regular AC/DC converter box style power supply should suffice? Something like the typical 20v notebook power supplies?
    right
    Quote Originally Posted by dipan View Post
    My concern is the connector that must match the input on the LEDControl. Is there a universal voltage adapter that you could recommend?
    I have no recommendation

I spoke to the NA TMC distributor today and to control both the blue and the white of the AQua Ray reef white you require 2 x LEDControl-1

Reason = 2 x inputs

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support