Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New product "LEDControl1"

if the LED can be operated with 700 mA - yes

Would this device work for tying into Profilux? I am wanting to build my own LED lighting system, but only if I can find a way to get Profilux to control it.

http://www.leddynamics.com/LuxDrive/...6-QuadPuck.pdf

no, ProfiLux has no DMX interface

Mathias,

I misread that LED driver. I thought it would handle both DMX and PC control.

I am looking into either the buck puck dimmable drivers or the meanwell 0-10 VDC drivers.

What would be the best way to hook-up the drivers to the Profilux controller. The AI LED system uses the serial port, so I am not sure what would be the best way.

Is there a way to hook directly to the Profilux from the LED drivers? Should I use the Profilux EVG-AP-2F Ballast Control Board? What about the new LED controler? I want the same control as the AI units have. Dimming, moon light, thunderstorms, etc., and be able to turn off completely.

On a side note does the AI LED system require both the serial port and a socket to turn off completely or is it done entirely through the serial port?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am about to start a thread on RC on using the meanwell drivers with Profilux.

I plan on using the EVG-AP-2F boards for the whites, blues, and lunar LEDs.
    I should have full AI functions using the 1-10v outs.
    My LED system, that I am building is over 100 LEDs at 3 watts at 1000ma.

Going to be a fun project and demonstrating how powerful is the Profilux really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Luisagos View Post
    I am about to start a thread on RC on using the meanwell drivers with Profilux.

I plan on using the EVG-AP-2F boards for the whites, blues, and lunar LEDs.
    I should have full AI functions using the 1-10v outs.
    My LED system, that I am building is over 100 LEDs at 3 watts at 1000ma.

Going to be a fun project and demonstrating how powerful is the Profilux really are.
    Great, will follow it with interest.

Any chance you can link the post from here when you start.

I have followed the nanoreef posts on DIY LED kit which they use the meanwell hardware.

Trying to find a source for the dimmable version of the meanwell driver here in NZ, but hard to come by!

Hi .I have 48 Cree-xre led.working wery good with EVG-AP-2F boards.Dimming the unit,and turning off.

Quote Originally Posted by Janos1 View Post
    Hi .I have 48 Cree-xre led.working wery good with EVG-AP-2F boards.Dimming the unit,and turning off.
    Can you share more about your set-up?

Some pictures would be great.

Lächeln Led

Quote Originally Posted by jdrabek View Post
    Can you share more about your set-up?

Some pictures would be great.
    Hi yes i could but tell me how to upload pics here.Talk to me as computer dummy.The set up is 8 line x6.have 8 driver (3021)from LED supply,all driver running only 400mil amp,because my tank is small,34 gal Solana.On the 3021 driver u have 2 potmeter to adjust the current and adjust the volt.So i turned back to minimum current,( 400mil).Cold drive that led wit 1000 miliamp,but i think that would be too much for my tank.Heatsink is 8.5x12 inch.Profilux control the hole unit,wit excellent result. In my case run Profilux only at 75% because when i run 100% bleach one corall.Now running with 75% all lux OK.
    Last edited by Janos1; 26.06.2009 at 20:13.

I am interested in controlling LED's too. I have an old T8 and a new T5 dimmable light. I would like to replace the non dimmable T8 with a dimmable LED-System controlled by the profilux which is not as expensive as the plug-and-play systems.

Would be very nice if you post explaining pictures or a connection diagramm.

Attaching Pictures should be quite easy. If you click reply here in the board you see the textbox where you can enter the message. Below that you find additional settings where you have a button where you can control the attachments. If you click the button a popup window with the uploading instructions will open... If it doesn't open it might be a popup blocker problem.

Markus

P.S.: Sorry for the bad english - i'm german :-)