Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Updating firmware of VorTech pumps

I was having a hell of a time getting the updates to work last night until, in desperation to try anything new, I moved the PAB connection from one of my PAB Control Bars to the other and then all of a sudden everything just worked.

Later I noticed that the firmware of one of the Control Bars was 1.0 and the other was 1.0.1. Do you think this would cause the updates to fail?

I would update the powerbars in any case - the new firmware supports current measurement
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I finally got my vortech controller today, and when I go to update the controller interface it goes all the way to the end, and says "Error! Flashing aborted by the device or timeout occured!"

Any ideas? My vortech controller is connected directly to my powerbar PAB and has been assigned and shows up in profilux control.

I am showing...
    Firmware VorTech Controller 1.04
    Firmware Controller interface 4.7
    Firmware rf module 1.02

I also get a no response when trying to assign the vortech to the vortech controller.
    Last edited by rostato; 18.11.2010 at 03:32.

Are you sure about the firmware version in case of the VorTech Controller? The latest version is 1.01 not 1.04!
    Is the firmware reportet at PAB information (ProfiLux-Menu->System->Configure PAB->PAB information) the same?
    Did you accidently updated the VorTech Controller with the Powerbar PAB firmware?
    During a PAB update there is only one PAB device allowed to be connected to the ProfiLux.

My Powerbar shows 1.04 at the system menu . But my vortech controller show 1.01...

I wish the instructions would say that only one PAB device can be connected during an update, because I am sure that will help! I will update when I get a chance to try it again.
    Last edited by rostato; 18.11.2010 at 14:12.

OK, got it all set. Now just need to program my modes. Thanks! I really wish the directions said that only the PAB device being updated can be connected. That would have saved me a few hours of my life yesterday.

If you have read the messagebox in PLC before starting the PAB device update, you would have known this!