Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updating firmware of VorTech pumps

The new MP60's are supposed to be more balanced, and hopefully more quiet...

I have owned 5 different vortechs over the years, and never had one that I considered loud.

I would switch to Vortech in a heart beat and not just because we distirbute them, because they do have the best fow in the industry, but with small tanks like mine and the importance of upward flow in an SPS tank I cant fit them as i cant create bottom draw from have the pumps at a 45 degree vertical angle.

I spoke with Tim about this and put the idea in his head of fitting a grate on the front that can be directional adjusted, bit like car air vents. Maybe I will have to got to an old scrap yard with my dremmel and see what i can knock up

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Hi

I can confirm this - the VorTech seem not to be louder than other similar pumps, maybe this was the case with earlier versions, I don't know.

But: this thread was supposed to deal with the update of the VorTech pumps over ProfiLux and the Vortech-Controller - please stay at the topic, if you want to discuss other topics then you should start another thread, thanks
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Default Upgrade pump firmware...how?

Quote Originally Posted by mshur View Post
    Upgraded! Profilux is the best!!!!
    Everything went pretty smooth. For people who have EB and will be adding VM, please disconnect EB before updating VM to 1.01 version. Very important hint!
    My steps were:
    1. Upgrade Profilux -3 to latest firmware.
    2. Install new PCL 5.04.02
    3. Reset Vortech pumps and disconnect them from power supplies
    4. Upgrade VM according the manual from GHL (follow all steps accordingly)
    After VM upgrade be sure there is a stable connection between Profilux and VM via
    PAB. . After this upgrade I had to assign VM to Profilux. This was very easy, please
    Follow the manual instruction
    5. Next step was: upgrading ES pump to a new 1.06 firmware.

Hint: Do not assign pumps to a Profilux before upgrading to a new firmware!

Please, read manual carefully before going into this step.. This step I did like 4 times
    We only have 2 min to set up for this upgrade.
    To make sure you pumps upgraded, please look at the PCL --Vortech overview screen
    To see if firmware upgraded to 1.06. If this is done go for a last step.

6. Assign pumps. Also, be careful and if you follow all steps this would be quick and
    Easy!
    7. After all this you can program pump in all different mode and times.

Good luck!

PS. Matthias, if miss something ,please correct me .
    I am stuck on Step 5 above. How do you upgrade the pumps to the 1.06 firmware?

as explained in our manual

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...ad.php?did=111

you find all manuals and other downloads in our customer center
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks for posting the link above. That is exactly what I needed.
    Last edited by Rotknee; 27.10.2010 at 02:01. Reason: I meant to create a new post.

Daumen hoch Working great so far...

I've been playing with the new Vortech controller for a couple of days and I really like the flexibility of having the option of choosing several different operating modes. This was money well spent and I am sure my tank will benefit as a result. I do have a couple of questions:

1. How do you get the Vortech pumps to work with the native "Feed Pause" function of the P3?

2. It is now possible to monitor the speed and operation of Tunze pumps from the P3 display. How would I do that with the Vortech pumps?

Thank you in advance for your help.

1. the "native feed pause" can only be used when the VorTech-controller is in "ProfiLux-controlled mode" - we are thinking about a firmware extension to make this working in the EcoTech-modes also
    2. only in "ProfiLux-controlled mode" - because we don't know the actual speed when the pumps are in the EcoTech mode (they are running independently)

i just installed the module

the pab detected the device and added correctly but the software does not show the vortec module section....

software is 5.0.4.2 and firmware is 5.04

you have to assign the PAB-devices again