Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updating firmware of VorTech pumps

Default Updating firmware of VorTech pumps

is now possible!

With ProfiLux 3 firmware 5.04a, ProfiLuxControl 5.0.4.2 and VorTech-Controller firmware 1.01 (or higher) VorTech-pumps from EcoTech can be updated wirelessly!

all files and the newest VorTech manual can be downloaded from our download page as usual:
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...t/sections.php

furthermore we added some monitoring functions for the VorTech pumps
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Upgraded! Profilux is the best!!!!
    Everything went pretty smooth. For people who have EB and will be adding VM, please disconnect EB before updating VM to 1.01 version. Very important hint!
    My steps were:
    1. Upgrade Profilux -3 to latest firmware.
    2. Install new PCL 5.04.02
    3. Reset Vortech pumps and disconnect them from power supplies
    4. Upgrade VM according the manual from GHL (follow all steps accordingly)
    After VM upgrade be sure there is a stable connection between Profilux and VM via
    PAB. . After this upgrade I had to assign VM to Profilux. This was very easy, please
    Follow the manual instruction
    5. Next step was: upgrading ES pump to a new 1.06 firmware.

Hint: Do not assign pumps to a Profilux before upgrading to a new firmware!

Please, read manual carefully before going into this step.. This step I did like 4 times
    We only have 2 min to set up for this upgrade.
    To make sure you pumps upgraded, please look at the PCL --Vortech overview screen
    To see if firmware upgraded to 1.06. If this is done go for a last step.

6. Assign pumps. Also, be careful and if you follow all steps this would be quick and
    Easy!
    7. After all this you can program pump in all different mode and times.

Good luck!

PS. Matthias, if miss something ,please correct me .

Mike, everything correct, thanks for your post
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

What exactly does EB, VM, and VB stand for? Thanks!

EB = Expansion Box
    VM = VorTech-Controller (I guess Mike meant "VorTech-Module")
    VB = I think this was a typo, I changed it to VM (Mike, am I right?)

Great, thanks! Can't wait to get my module, and set it up.

Yes, sorry it was a typo..

sadly the only annoying thing on vortech pumps is the noise ,otherwise I might have bought more of them and then a VM would have been a nice addition to my profilux.
    but buying the module for 1 vortech (that is in a sump) is just not every smart i guess

i have two and they run pretty quite. sometimes i hear ruttle noise,but i move motor part around and noise is gone.. try to contact ecomarine, maybe they give you some more ideas..

nah I gave up. They are just loud
    but I must say I have a VERY VERY quiet tank.

If they ever get the noise down I might reconsider because the flow is better then Tunze
    But the MP40w is in the sump and stays there (and more not running then running , since the current is a bit strong if the vortech is on ). So for now only tunze in the tank.
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 22.10.2010 at 19:34.