Thread: What accessoires do i need with profilux plus II?

Default What accessoires do i need with profilux plus II?

I am thinking of buying a profilux plus II computer. But before ordering anything i want to know exactly what accessoires (partnumbers) i need.

i want to automate the following, what accessoires do i need to make this work?

1. dosing pump control (4 pumps)
    2. USB/LAN connection
    3. PH control
    4. auto water change + leakage detection
    5. illumination control 2xT5 in future 4xT5
    6. temp monitoring (not controlling temp, just monitoring).

- First off will i have enough plugs with a 4 plug powerbar or do i need more?
    - What is needed to upgrade to USB/LAN, what card & cables are needed?
    - Besides a co2 magnet valve and ph probe do i need anything else to control Co2?
    - With the profilux plus II come 2 options to meassure water level, i need a third option for leakage detection what extension do i need?
    - What cables will i need?

What else could i possibly need? Thanks.

dosing unit 4fold
    expansion card PLM-USB or PLM-LAN or you choose ProfiLux3 instead which has built-in LAN and USB
    pH control - input is present, you need a probe + calibration fluid
    water change + leak - you need level sensors + a powerbar for switching devices like solenoids, pumps, etc.
    illum. control - depends on dimmable or standard - what lamps? our lamps are ProfiLux-ready (with interface)
    the eX models have 3 level inputs (the other versions only 2)
    cables - most cables are included, maybe you need special cables for conenction the lamp - depends on the lamp

please see our comparison chart of the ProfiLux models
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...ontroller.html
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks. In response to your answers i have a few more questions.

dosing unit 4fold
    this will need only one out of the four plugs right? Regardless of the unit -integrated computer or not?

expansion card PLM-USB or PLM-LAN or you choose ProfiLux3 instead which has built-in LAN and USB
    What difference in functionality is there between LAN/USB?

pH control - input is present, you need a probe + calibration fluid
    I have a Dennerle CO2 solenoid valve Comfort is it compatible with profilux?

water change + leak - you need level sensors + a powerbar for switching devices like solenoids, pumps, etc.
    how many plugs of the powerbar do 2 water sensors take up?

llum. control - depends on dimmable or standard - what lamps? our lamps are ProfiLux-ready (with interface)
    I am going to use it on A Giesemann Linea II aquarium with dimmable lights of Giesemann, i assume this is compatible?

Am i right that none of the probes PH, Redox etc require a powerplug since they are non switchable devices?

Lastly, what is the expected lifetime of a redox probe and that of a conductivity probe; is it the same as that of a pH probe?

thanks, Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    this will need only one out of the four plugs right? Regardless of the unit -integrated computer or not?
    The dosing unit is connected to the ProfiLux directly through the control cable at a S-socket. The power cable can be plugged into a normal
    wall socket. You need a dosing unit without integrated controller, so without "SA".

I have a Dennerle CO2 solenoid valve Comfort is it compatible with profilux?
    If the valve shall only be switched on/off under certain conditions, then you can use it in a socket on the powerbar.

how many plugs of the powerbar do 2 water sensors take up?
    For water change and leakage detection you will need 3 sensors and two sockets on the powerbar.

I am going to use it on A Giesemann Linea II aquarium with dimmable lights of Giesemann, i assume this is compatible?
    You will probably need an adapter to connect the Giesemann lights to the ProfiLux, e.g. LBF-AP (two channels, without internal shut-off) or LF-ABOX (one channel, with internal shut-off).

Am i right that none of the probes PH, Redox etc require a powerplug since they are non switchable devices?
    They are only connected to the ProfiLux and don't need a powerplug.