Thread: Update from 4 to 5 ?

Default Update from 4 to 5 ?

I have the Profilux II with firmware 4.8x and looking into updating to 5.x.
    I know I will loose all my settings and made screenshots from the recent configurations to remember what I have to set.

Few questions:
    • I have also a PAB and a 4 x dosing unit. I remember I had to assign them numbers by plugging each directly into the controller. Will I have to go through the whole procedure again or will those settings be saved after upgrading?
    • I wrote down the calibration numbers for the PH and temp probe. Do I have to recalibrate or can I just enter those numbers into the software
    • Can I go straight away to the newest 5.x version or do I have to go through each version of the 5.x versions?
    • Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks for any help
    Michael

1) PAB doesn't work on a P2 its a P3 only feature since the P2 can't support the PAB bus. The P2 doesn't have the 'ooomph' to use the PAB possibilities
    config from 4 to 5 must be redone completely.
    2) the settings can be restored if you manipulate some values and import the values ( other ppl might know which ones you need to look for)
    3) you can go the latest and greatest in 1 step , ( don't forget to update to the correct PLC)
    4) read 1 again.

Thanks for the quick reply.

My mistake. I didn't mean PAB but the digital power bar.
    Do I have to configure this one in conjunction with the dosing unit from scratch?

Thanks again
    Michael

you will have to reconfigure it again idd.