Thread: A quick question on simu's

Default A quick question on simu's

I was just wondering if it was a good idea to split two simu's and run them off of the same 10v bus. thanks in advance

I have found the answer with this funny thing called search thanks for looking

Could you provide a link to what you found? There are a LOT of hits when I use the search most of which I've already read through.

I found it on reef central one of the support forums. It is privacy easier for me to tell you what I found out.

You can in fact spilt a 10v bus into 2 simus. Ill tell you how I did it and you are welcome to replicate it if you want.

The 10v bus is based on the same jack as a telephone. The issue is that land lines have moved away from the six conductor line of old to a four conductor line. So you need to find a line splitter that splits all six lines. This is nothing fancy I actualy found mine a wal-mart for about 7 bucks. Once again don't wast your money on a four conductor splitter (I did without thinking). The splitter that I did find had three female connectors so I needed a short length of phone line to connect it to my pIII. We it turns out that six conductor phone line has become just as hard to find as a six conductor splitter (i could not find one of any length let alone the relatively small one I needed). So I simply took a small length of cat5 and cut two of the conductors short and used a crimped tool to attach the phone line tips (rj-14???). You can find lots of diys on line. All in all this probably cost me less than the purchased solution (I already had all the tools and stuff)

Hope this helps

why don't just buy simply our splitter? comes with cable (1m ... 10m)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

How many simu sticks can you run off of one 1-10V port?

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...led_lamps.html

bottom of the page:
    If you want to connect more than 2 LED-lamps to your ProfiLux (in the cased of a ProfiLux II Light: more than 1 LED-lamp) than you have to use our active splitter ActiveL-Splitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahenazo View Post
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...led_lamps.html

bottom of the page:
    If you want to connect more than 2 LED-lamps to your ProfiLux (in the cased of a ProfiLux II Light: more than 1 LED-lamp) than you have to use our active splitter ActiveL-Splitter.
    I might be wrong (I tried to post this earlier and it just vanished LOL) but I was under the impression you could run 2 on L1/L2 and 2 on L3L4 (2 splitters required... 1 per line).

agreed,

the sentence can be interpreted differently , but I understand the sentence as 2 simu's on 1 L poort connector , depending on the Px , PL modules , ex box you can more simu's can be connected offcourse , but maybe an active splitter is a better choice then