Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-purchase Check

Default Pre-purchase Check

Hi,

Im looking at getting a SMS Module for the tank but want to know the development plans for it, are there any?? Any new firmware on the horizon?

Is it something that you are continuing?

thanks

the SMS unit is still a very popular device, I see no reason for not continuing it
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

What are teh advantage of using the SMS modulal now that the P3 canbn send email nativly?

Most cellphone can receive email now days, and if not adding the data package will probably cost you just as much as having to buy and maintain a seperate GPRS SIM card (not counting the SMS modual) is it just me or I am missing the track here.... But who knows it might be different in NA compare to europe
    Last edited by boboxx; 06.10.2010 at 11:40.

i dont even know how to work that email function on the Profilux, too confusing

@richard If you have questions about the mail functions, we will assist you - no problem. Just ask your question in a new thread please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias-Steffen View Post
    @richard If you have questions about the mail functions, we will assist you - no problem. Just ask your question in a new thread please.
    Thanks, just started one in the PC Program forum Thanks again

And you have already a reply

@boboxx: Some clients like SMS, others mail. Especially people who don't have push mail like the fastness of direct sms information.

boboxx, do you want to prevent sales of the SMS unit?

there is one big advantage of the SMS-unit:

the SMS unit is able to send a SMS in case of a power cut because there is a lithium-ion-battery in it!

ProfiLux 3 or your PC won't send you an email if your entire home is without electrical power!
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

yes I try my best :P

No kiding aside, I see that the sms stil has a place for people using SMS and dont have a mean for notifing on power failure. I have a Blackberry connected to a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) that give me instant email and Power notifier comes from my UPS. My UPS (and generator) is setup to maintain a few recepticals in the house to with my tank, internet are connected.

If you want to get (more than) sure, just use both technologys...