Thread: need help with a program for float switches

Default need help with a program for float switches

I was hoping someone could help me with a basic program.
    I would like 2 float switches to control 1 switchable socket. 1 to turn the switch on the other to turn the switch off.

My situation is that I have an overflow tank with 2 float switches mounted in it. 1 high and 1 low. In the bottom of the overflow tank I have a pump connected to a switchable socket on a PAB powerbar. When the water height in the overflow tank rises to the high float switch, I would like the pump to turn on, and when the water level then drops back to the low float switch, I want the pump to shut off.

I am running a Profilux IIIex with and expansion box.
    I need this program to work the 2 float switches plugged into the expansion box with a splitter.

Thanks

what about using the mode "min-max-control"?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks for the Reply Matthias.
    I am not sure how to use this function. Are you able to tell me where I might find some help setting this up?
    regards
    Hamish

This subject is described in the programming guide under Level/ Sensor settings/ Operational Mode/ Min-Max control...

Thanks Carolin, I now have the system working perfectly.
    regards
    Hamish