Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot Connect to Webserver

Default Cannot Connect to Webserver

Ever since a few updates ago. I cannot for the life of me connect to the webserver again.

I am currently running firmware 5.03c.

The Profilux IP is 192.168.1.115 and the Port I have set to 97.

I had changed this from port 80 as I also have another webserver running on the same network.

What can I do to get things working? It was a function I used to like to use.

I have no firewalls or anything running.

Thanks

Did you try another port? Port 97 is used for other transfers too. If you change the standard port, please be sure not to use another standart port for a different protocol.

Does the webserver itself run? did you test this with port 80?

Did you try to restart the PL just to be sure?

Have tried on port 80 previously and it did not work will put back to port 80 and restart the Profilux and test.

usuallay you use 79 or 81 as an alternative to the standard port
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Tried port 81, reset the device and all is working.. thanks guys.

Could someone possibly tell me EXACTLY how to go about accessing the webserver on the P3..? I can't seem to figure out how or where to access it, or how to change a port setting.

With my previous controllers, it was s imple matter of setting up a Virtual Server on my router, then accessing the controller by entering my IP into a web browser followed by a colon and the port number (( ###.###.###.###:## )).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

BTW: I did update the firmware to 5.03c today.

-Tim

@TGreene That's correct. Please note that some modern browsers dont interprete the portnumbers always correctly. There is known a bug on some versions of the Internet Explorer f.e.

If you use the standard port (80) you will not have to add the port to the ip. in all other cases you would have to.

Please always test the webserver with the standard port first. IF this works you can still go on and change this setting.

As said above please dont use another (already defined) standard port, thats used with other protocols, control your firewalls, that they are not blocking this port and change the settings in your router so that the packages are received from the desired ip. (The router has to know where incoming transfers on special ports should go)

Then you are ready to go...

Got it working, THANK YOU. Quick question though, what is the "My Site" page that throws a 404 Error..?

-Tim

I had changed this from port 80 as I also have another webserver running on the same network.
    Only as a little remark: It´s not a problem to have a big number of webservers running in the same network - as long as the IP is different, they all can work with standard port 80.
    Due the PL3 needs an own IP address in all cases, there is normally no need to change the port (even if it´s possible).

Another point is that the personal firewalls inside windows and/or some routers often block traffic on non-standard ports due security reasons.

what is the "My Site" page that throws a 404 Error..?
    A placeholder for your own content (to reach it via menue)