Thread: PIII & PLC upgrade

Default PIII & PLC upgrade

Hi All

I have just ordered the PIII upgrade kit (currently have the PII Plus). Trying to gather as much info as possible as I will have to do the upgrade myself (not available for dealer to upgrade in Hong Kong).

I have downloaded the pdf file for the physical side of the upgrade, but confused about the software side?

Q's

1. I am guessing I have to install the PLC on my computer first, then connect to the upgraded PIII for the firmware upgrade or will this already be done?

2. Anyone have trouble using a mac with windows XP through bootcamp?

3. I have also just ordered the PLM-2L4S. Can I use this also with the PIII? I am using 2 x 4 socket Power Bars plus an ATI PM. I need the PLM-2L4S for my dosing pumps.

Thanks to all in advance!

if you want to update the firmware in your upgrade kit then you need PLC5.xxx
    MAC - bootcamp - works in many cases, however some users experienced problems
    all cards of the PII can be used in the P3
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Many thanks for your help Matthias!

Cheers

Mathias just to confirm that the Profilux III upgrade kit will come loaded with the latest firmware and I just load the latest PLC on the computer?

Thanks again.

I would load it with the lastest FW. They release a FW every 2 weeks or so.

so its prolly impossible to keep the upgrade kits in sync

exactly - we don't know how long the kit needs no be shipped and how long it stays on the seller's shelf
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

ok thanks guys cheers