Thread: Enthusiastic owner of PropellerBreeze 5 - but need help

Default Enthusiastic owner of PropellerBreeze 5 - but need help

I'm replacing a over-chilling Honeywell fan that blows continuously on my sump and overshoots on the way down, temperature wise. This indicates to me that controlling a Breeze fan with the Profilux should allow me to remove my old chiller, which never engages anyway -- and achieve more stable temperature to boot.

I set up my Profilux IIex-w-wlan two years ago, and it's been running so smoothly I can't make head or tail what to do with the Breeze fan. The instructions in the manual just aren't helping.

Here's the challenge:

1. I've got the Prof. IIex-w-wlan, and the only "socket" to plug the jack for the Breeze into is S6-S8. I don't think this will work.

2. I've got a digital powerbar with all plugs full, although I can make one plug available.

3. I've got the following already attached to the profilux:
    -- 3 Tunze pumps; 2 of them paired, the other on its own, but all 3 connected to the PIIex
    -- 1 LED "lightning / moon" (the one that's the size of a deck of cards)
    -- halides (attached via 1 high amp bar, then connected to the digital bar)
    -- actinics (connected to digital bar)
    -- ozone/air (linked to redox; connected to digital bar)

If there are idiot-proof instructions, please advise.

Regards,

Erik Ages
    Victoria, Canada
    120gal marine reef; 20gal

You got an Propeller controll? If yes, never plug it in an S-Plug, this will damage the Profilux. Only use an L-Port.

First step:
    The Powersubbly of the Breeze can direktly connectet to a socket in your house. (*wait connecting just read the second step) From there conect it to your propeller control. From there conect it to your Breezer.

second step:
    you need to have one free L-Port. If thats all what you got i count 3 pumps an one Moon in sum 4 L-Ports. You got an PPII ex with 6 L-Ports so 2 more a unused. Do you have splitters for the pump and the moon? If yes, fine, if no, buy some to group up two of the pumps (you need a tunze 1 and a tunze 2 cable for the use with a spiltter to controll the seperatly) the next is to connect a spliter between the profilux and the third pump. (if you got a Tunze 2 cable also for this pump, fine, just connect the Propeller Control to the spliter if you dont have a tunze 2 cabel, remove the scews of the propeller contoll box (*never open a powered up thing), change both jumpers from 1-2 to 2-3 fasten the screws again an connet it to the splitter)

third step:
    open up profilux controll switch the L-port that is connectet to the Propeller controll from ilumination to temperature controlling downwards

Thats all

Hard to write but i hope you understand what i mean.

Default I think I've got it!

With thanks; I'll follow these instructions, which make perfect sense to me.

I'll let you know how successful I am, and thank you so much for your considered response.

Regards,

Erik

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    You got an Propeller controll? If yes, never plug it in an S-Plug, this will damage the Profilux. Only use an L-Port.

First step:
    The Powersubbly of the Breeze can direktly connectet to a socket in your house. (*wait connecting just read the second step) From there conect it to your propeller control. From there conect it to your Breezer.

second step:
    you need to have one free L-Port. If thats all what you got i count 3 pumps an one Moon in sum 4 L-Ports. You got an PPII ex with 6 L-Ports so 2 more a unused. Do you have splitters for the pump and the moon? If yes, fine, if no, buy some to group up two of the pumps (you need a tunze 1 and a tunze 2 cable for the use with a spiltter to controll the seperatly) the next is to connect a spliter between the profilux and the third pump. (if you got a Tunze 2 cable also for this pump, fine, just connect the Propeller Control to the spliter if you dont have a tunze 2 cabel, remove the scews of the propeller contoll box (*never open a powered up thing), change both jumpers from 1-2 to 2-3 fasten the screws again an connet it to the splitter)

third step:
    open up profilux controll switch the L-port that is connectet to the Propeller controll from ilumination to temperature controlling downwards

Thats all

Hard to write but i hope you understand what i mean.