Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powerbar 6d usa connection

Default Powerbar 6d usa connection

Setting up PROFILUX 3ex FW:5.0.3a and PC 5.0.31, Never updated the powerbar firmware, not sure where the fw version is for the powerbar.

I connected 2 Powerbars 6D USA directly to the PROFILUX 3ex. If following the manual, it says to connect the PAB cable to one of the L1/L2 or L3/L4 ports in the P3. First the ethernet cable that came with the unit doesnt fit into these ports(cable to big to fit into these RJ45 ports). So the only option was to connect the powerbars to the "NO NAME" ports mentioned on the manual as 15 & 16. Once connected the powerbars do work but after configuring the lights in ilumination 1(on/off settings- ok), sockets S1(ilumination 1). When the time for the lights to turn on...both POWERBARS S1 turn on. So should i connect the POWERBARS differently??? should they be connected in a daisy chain instead of both powerbars connected directly to the P3??

As far as I know, there are two types of PoweBars 6d: PowerBar6D and PowerBar6D-PAB
    PowerBar6D should be connecter to L1/L2 or L3/L4 socket, while PowerBar6D-PAB should be connected to PAB interface in daisy-chain manner. Pay attention, you need configure\assign PAB devices direct on P3 device but not in PLC(it’s not supported yet) before using it.
    Thanks,
    --Rival

Rivals Info is correct.

ok got them connected in daisy chain and configured them in P3ex. Also how do you know which is the FW for the PAB 6D?

this is shown in the newest ProfiLuxControl 5.0.3.1 under "system"
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I just installed PLC 5.0.3.1 (but the ? > info reports is as 5.0.3.0) and installed 5.03a (reported again as 5.03)

If I look under System I dont see it... there is a first line that has Switchable Socket Outputs with a empty field and nothis is listed in the tree above. I have 2 PAB powerbar on my system

are the powerbars assigned to the system?

it should look like this:
    PAB-Info.jpg
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

yes I have 1x expantion box and 2x PAB powerbar assigned to the system

I'm using PLC5.0.3.1 and 5.0.3a but can't view PAB as well.
    PowerBar6D-PAB configured and assigned to P3.
    I can't find any info about PAB in PLC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rival; 20.09.2010 at 20:27.
    Thanks,
    --Rival

My bad...
    After restart of P3 I have PAB devices in PLC now.
    Thanks,
    --Rival