Thread: Pond Temperature probe - can't find anywhere??

Default Pond Temperature probe - can't find anywhere??

Hi

Does anyone know where I can purchase a temperature probe for the outdoor GHL, preferably in the UK? We have a P3 set up in an 8C cold room (housing cold-water corals) and using the temperature probe supplied gives us errors, I think due to the temperature we are trying to set it at. I assume the pond probe will solve this problem, but cant find it anywhere, apart from the GHL website which is only for suppliers

Help!

Hello,
    yes, the aquarium temperature probe measures only down to 11,5 °C. If you use a pond probe, you can adjust the measurement range from aquarium to pond. The probe can be ordered in our webshop http://www.ghl-store.com/index.html or directly at GHL by E-Mail.

Hi Laura
    We have ordered some pond probes for you a few weeks ago. Hopefully GHL have sent them in our shipment which is due to arrive tomorrow. I'll be in touch when they arrive.

Steve

Thanks Steve, thats great. If you can contact me by email, then I can arrange payment and delivery (email l.wicks at hw dot ac dot uk)

Another thing I have just realised - I tried to calibrate the conductivity probe, telling it I would manually enter the temperature. However, I couldnt do this as the minimum it goes to is 15C. Once I get the pond temperature probe, will I be able to calibrate the conductivity probe? And do I then tell the Profilux the calibration solution is 50 (as thats what it is) or some other value, because it is at 8C?
    Thanks

Once you have set the temperature range from aquarium to pond, you should be able to enter the correct degrees and to calibrate the conductivity probe as usual.