Thread: calibrating new temp probe on PIII

Default calibrating new temp probe on PIII

I just getting my new GHL online after having it repaired and upgraded to a PIII.

My temp sensor has been sitting in a glass of tank water for almost six months and when i connected it it measured 37 deg.

I thought it might be damaged so i brought a new one yesterday and again it seems out, after a quick google and reading a couple of posts i found it seems that it may need calibrating or using the figures from when it was a PII which i dont have.

I have changed the adc 1 and adc 2 and now they are adc1=677 and adc2=319 ( i found these figures on here somewhere) it now reads a couple of degrees over but its better.

How exactly do i calibrate these correctly.

Thanks Adam

Hi Adam,

where was the Upgrade to PL3 done? The upgrade procedure includes to save or write down the ADC1 and ADC2 values for the temperature.

A calibration by the user isn't possible for the temperature.

Solutions:
    - you've got a paper with the values, simply write the ADC1/ADC2 values to the corresponding fields
    - send the ProfiLux to GHL for recalibrate
    - Downgrade PL3 to the original PL2, note the ADC1/ADC2 values for temperature, Upgrade to PL3 and write the ADC1/ADC2 values to the corresponding fields
    - change the ADC1/ADC2 values empirical until your temperature is exact enough for your needs (needs lot of time)