Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PL control 5.0.1.1 vrs SIMU spot programming issue

Default SIMU blue does not respond

this is what i did.

1. switched simu cable from L5L6 to L1/L2
    2. adjusted 1-10 switch from L5 to L2
    3. programed the led from port L1/L2 and selected a light blue color - started
    4. tested RED - works fine via timer and light scenario scenario
    5. tested flash - works fine and ....
    6. The flash in manual mode did fine but i could see the blue leds were n also as it flashes
    7. by the way - all simulations are off - with execption of thunder

So all colours work, but i can't get the blue one on only. I've tried all the Illiumination 1-8 selections and 1-10 channels, no blue.

just a minute ago all the white lights wend and the aqua was dark and immeditely the thunderstorm started (and again, blue was running within the SIMU, however not visible in the aquarium.

Who can help

The blue LEDs react usually (only if the channels have not been swapped) to channel L1, L3, L5...
    I understand that you tried to program it at L2?
    Please try once again the manual illumination (where you can move the bar for channel 1, 2, ... to see how
    the LEDs react) when the Simu is connected to L1L2. Does the blue LEDs show up?

Daumen hoch SIMU spot

hi Carolin,

I´ve solved the problem. I took the advise of another forum member. I´ve connected the Simu spot from L5/L6 to L3/L4. Then i've discovered that i had switched channels, so the red one was more predominant. Via the L3/L4 port i programmed the Simu, just for the light blue. Then i returned the connection back to port L5/L6.

Then via ProfilucControl programmed Illumination one in dimmable mode to a series of times (switch points) on Illumination 2 i programmed the red in a series of times as with the blew.

the issue i discovered is that if the Simu is not in dimmable mode it seems to have trouble switching from blue to red and vise versa. I do not know why.

Nonetheless, it work again! i made a restorepoint backup via ProfiluxControl, so i can always come back to this working mode.

I trust this experience works for other new users. Thanks for your assistance

I have 2 SIMU-L and I would like to understand what does each option mean in the programming LED under 1-10v interfaces(swap channels, react to all flashes, react to flashes 1 , react to flashes 2, deep blue moonlight, light blue moonlight, blue white moonlight). I did notice that my moonlights both the white and blue led lights up. if you pick one option like deep blue moonlight then it wont work anymore with flashes during thunderstorm???

Swap channels: normally red LEDs react to channel 2, 4, ... and the blue ones to channel 1, 3, ... . By this option you invert the behaviour so that it is the other way round.
    React to all flashes etc: becomes interesting if you have several Simu-LEDs. With this you can set if each Simu should flash separately or if they shall flash always together.
    Moonlight colour: Here you can set the intensity of the moonlight (blue+white LEDs together). It won't influence the flashing behaviour.

Can I program both simu connected to a splitter at the same time? Or I need to connect one simu directly into the L1/L2port without the splitter?

What is the purpose to swap the channels? What effect do you get with swapping channels? Is this necessary to get a reddish thunderstorm?

In fact swapping the channels is more useful if you have a moonlight-LED with only one channel in case there is only one channel e.g. L2 available (after swapping it will react to L2).
    No, a red thunderstorm is not possible.