Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PL control 5.0.1.1 vrs SIMU spot programming issue

Default PL control 5.0.1.1 vrs SIMU spot programming issue

Situation:

i've got a PLIIex running 2 Tunzes 6105 on port L1/L2 and L3/L4. So i had to connect my SIMU spot on L5/L6. This is considered ok by the manual. However programming this LED spot is hindered by the PL control 5.0.1.1 because it explicitely says in Program LED function that the spot needs to be connected on either L1/L2 and L3/L4, so i've aborted the programming operation.

Now what to do?

Hello,
    I can't imagine where in ProfiLuxControl you received this message. Could you describe it or better place a screen shot?
    Generally, the Simu LEDs can also be operated at L5/L6.

Carolin,

I will select all your questions and reply asap

Hi Carolin,

Please find enclosed the screenshots indicating the inconsistancy and confusion as to what to do when the SIMU spot in connected to L5/L6 port and the ProfiluxControl does order you to make sure it's connected to either L1/L2 or L3/L4 ports.

I'm curious to learn what to do now!

Franklin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Franklin,
    the intention of this warning is not where you shall connect the Simu-LED, but to make sure that you have connected only one Simu-LED at
    the L-port and not two, because then both LEDs would take over the programming. You can disregard that L5L6 is not listed here, I think
    it is not mentioned because by default not every device disposes of L5L6.

Hi Carolin,

As i´m not assuming anything, therfore i'm very cautious not to kill my beloved GHL system, so i take things litterely. As GHL mentiones in her manuals users need to do the right thing. My personal opinion is that a lot of users solely buy GHL stuff as first time users, thus in my case all ports on the PLex version is stuffed with GHL equipment and simply stick to the instructions lacking practical experience with the equipment as a whole. I´m still learning, fun.. but scary at the same time.

I´m recommending at least a section in the manual as if all available GHL equipment is connected to the Pl, thus expecting the software to cope with that as if all that is connected as it is in my case. Again as said before: make things simple, it saves users a lot of puzzling and GHL a lot of service costs involved with a forum where you litterely have to tie up all the bits and pieces from other people's experiences.

OK: i'll take your advise and continue disregarding any software notice of potential malfunction; i'll press the button and close my eyes.

Nonetheless, thanks for the support

Gr. Franklin

Hello Franklin,

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    OK: i'll take your advise and continue disregarding any software notice of potential malfunction
    But please only in this special case, of course all other hints that point to the danger of malfunction have to be followed.
    Thank you for your suggestions, we are always glad for hints to improve things. I will forward this special case to our development team if L5L6 can be added to avoid future misunderstandings.

Carolin,

On the SIMU spot again. As said the simu is connected to L5/L6. Illumination 1 is driven by port L5 from 1-10 interface menu. Blue is not working, flash is working (manually checked) and on port L6 illumination 2 with RED does work.

Now what's happening here. The blue worked fine for a few days then it had a mind of its own and now nor the evening program, nor the morning morning is not working, RED is fine, flash is fine.

Hope to hear from you soon, because it's dark in my aquarium at night!

Gr. Franklin

Have you tried the manual illumination check (under light scenarios) on L5 and the blue LEDs do not react?
    You could also connect the Simu to another L-port e.g. L1L2 and check if the blue LEDs don't work with L1, too.
    Generally, please also check again the settings (correct times, correct assignment of the L-port...)

Another try is to program your Simu at the L1L2 port and then connect it to L5L6. The programming isn't lost - it is stored in the Simu.