Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Profilux, DIY LED, and effects ...

Default Profilux, DIY LED, and effects ...

I know that the Profilux can simulate lightning and give moonlight effects either via a SimuL stick or spot. It can also apparently do these effects via RS232 control of AquaIllumination LED lights.

Can it do the same with dimmable DIY LED's via the 0-10V interfaces?

you can connect any device with a 0-10V-interface

Matthias

He is asking if you can also create thunderstorm effect with DIY LED connected to the 1-10V line, or is there some special driver inside the simu sticks that create this?

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    Matthias

He is asking if you can also create thunderstorm effect with DIY LED connected to the 1-10V line, or is there some special driver inside the simu sticks that create this?
    no, this is not possible with a DIY lamp

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    no, this is not possible with a DIY lamp

But we can have a DIY LED light use the moon phase funciton correct? If we can, can I use the same light to perform both the moon phases, and my night to day and day to night transitions?

Can you elaborate on why we cant use a DIY LED light to perform a thunderstorm? Is it a matter of using a LED driver that supports that type of function?

Quote Originally Posted by jdrabek View Post
    But we can have a DIY LED light use the moon phase funciton correct? If we can, can I use the same light to perform both the moon phases, and my night to day and day to night transitions?

Can you elaborate on why we cant use a DIY LED light to perform a thunderstorm? Is it a matter of using a LED driver that supports that type of function?
    Matthias: what is the answer to jdrabek's question above.

The moonlight function I was able to figure out. It was rather stupid on my part. I confused the 1-10 volt interface with illumination channels, and they are not the same.

As far as why we cant get thunderstorm efects I dont know. I am sure my LED driver could do this as long as there was code to support it.

I hope that full simulation functions, including lightning storms, could be incorporated into future software revisions. Many DIY LED setups out there with even more coming. I think this would be a great feature to incorporate. Hopefully it is technically possible. The Profilux is capable of such enormous control over the DIY LED's otherwise and this would be a great added feature.

The software is already there, profiLux have done their part, what is missing is the LED's being made by DIY or third party do not support the protocols that GHL use to make these functions happen.

So its up to the DIYers to produce theire own driver, interface, and then i am sure GHL would open source the protocols

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

True, but they could have done it more like a tunze comunication and have the commands and the random illumination level be set from the Profilux (alternating the values of the 1-10v)... so this way there would be no custom driver to develop and we could pick standard dimable drivers off the shelf.

Mabe there should be a new option with a check box to enable such a function... DIY LED is getting pretty big