Thread: light error?

Default light error?

Hi all,
    i have the following setup:

I have 2x 80 Watt dimbable T5 (limmination1) and 2x non dimable 54Watt T5 (limination2) on a EVG-Ap2 connected on L1/2 of a Profilux II Ex. The power supply on the EVG-AP2 comes from a net-socket (not powerbar).

All works accordingly, the 2x 80W T5 is programed and when manual it go´s on and dims. The 2x 54W T5 go´s on and of as programed. So all should be fine, however when in control mode the T5 doesn´t start? When is than switch the power supply on/of of the EVG-AP2, than the program starts and the light start to burn?

I have tryed several EVG-AP2 all shows the same..... now i have connected the EVG-AP2 to a socket of the powerbar (limination1) with the hope this helps however this logic i don´t understand and should not matter? Do i use the wrong EVG-AP2?

Please enlight me because i dont understand...

I have 2x 80 Watt dimbable T5 (limmination1) and 2x non dimable 54Watt T5 (limination2) on a EVG-Ap2 connected on L1/2 of a Profilux II Ex. The power supply on the EVG-AP2 comes from a net-socket (not powerbar).
    At first you should ensure that you have connected all cables from L1/L2 to EVG-Ap2 as shown in the manual, even if you think don´t need it.

when in control mode the T5 doesn´t start? When is than switch the power supply on/of of the EVG-AP2, than the program starts and the light start to burn?
    It should start if the Illummination is greater than zero - starting from 1% it should work.

Go in Profilux Control to the Light scenarios, switch to manual and slide from 0% to a small percentage. Everytime you should her the <klack> of the relay.

You also should check, if in the 1-10V menue the channels are assigned to illimination

Quote Originally Posted by Wirus View Post
    At first you should ensure that you have connected all cables from L1/L2 to EVG-Ap2 as shown in the manual, even if you think don´t need it.

Yes i have done this !

It should start if the Illummination is greater than zero - starting from 1% it should work.

Example: currently the settings are

2x T5 dimables 80W
    1)time 13:00 brightnes 0% should this be 1% ?? when i do this i notice a rease in light grafic line from 3:00 instead of 1% from 13:00??
    2)time 13:30 100%
    3)time 22:00 100%
    4) time 22:30 0%

2x T5 54W non dimable lights
    1) time 13:15
    2) time 22:15

Now i have connected the power supply of the EVG-AP2 to a socket 12 on the powerbar and set this port on emualtion 1 (this is the dimmable t5, who starts at first).

Go in Profilux Control to the Light scenarios, switch to manual and slide from 0% to a small percentage. Everytime you should her the <klack> of the relay.
    You also should check, if in the 1-10V menue the channels are assigned to illimination
    Yes it clicks and the light burn and dim when manuelly! but on the controller it switches on and off again (when lights are cold). After me turning the power supply of the EVG-ap2 on/off all start to work fine?
    Last edited by diverdutch; 25.08.2010 at 19:43.

but on the controller it switches on and off again (when lights are cold)
    Sounds like the T5 or the EVG have a prob with very low regularion.
    Have you done the needed burn-in (first 100h a tube should run at 100%)?

Maybe you have to increase start voltage if 1-10V doesn´t work properly

Quote Originally Posted by Wirus View Post
    Sounds like the T5 or the EVG have a prob with very low regularion.
    Have you done the needed burn-in (first 100h a tube should run at 100%)?

Maybe you have to increase start voltage if 1-10V doesn´t work properly
    Yes Burns in is done.

This could be it....... However the unit says 1-10v control, but this could be to low for the tubes?
    To what should à rease? 2 or 3 - 10v
    Last edited by diverdutch; 25.08.2010 at 21:12.

To what should à rease? 2 or 3 - 10v
    I suggest to use the lowest possible voltage with stable illumination - you have to do it by try&error

Frage

okay... i have tried the following; change 1-10V settings, i installed 1 minute after start from 0% to 20%..... notting helps.
    the light go's on according to timer but after several seconds it switches off. When i resett the power supply conected to the EVG-Ap2 the light starts to burn and dimm perfectly?

It looks like a cold startup error.... anyone can assisst or ideas?

Have you tried different T5 tubes and are you using the same type of T5's on this channel? Sounds like an issue with one of the T5 tubes on a cold start.

Quote Originally Posted by MabuyaQ View Post
    Have you tried different T5 tubes and are you using the same type of T5's on this channel? Sounds like an issue with one of the T5 tubes on a cold start.
    This is something which i will do the coming weekend..... as this is my last option?

okay, small update. I have changed both T5 tubes and currently they undergoing there 100h burn-in period. But switching on/off is going according to the illumination control with no problem. After the burn-in period the dimmable function will start so lets see if the illumination control still works?.... keep you all posted!