Thread: Display error - strange characters

Default Display error - strange characters

I'm having an error (strange characters) in the display (as well as the remote control view pane) after i've tried to set up a communication between profilux plus IIex, V5.00-5.02 and the digital powerbar. Both items were newly bought, so i'm still trying to get the lighting (non dimmable) units to switch on/off – one powerplug is in socket 1 and one in socket 2 of the powerbar. After an com. error (i think 60) this happened and the powerbar Leds are blinking on S1 and S2 and gives a ticking sound! I removed the com. cable from S1-4 and the ticking sound stopped.

I've tried to restore the factory settings in order to clean my screen from these strange characters, but no luck and i can not see/understand what's happening here?

Gr. Franklin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello,

the strange characters are nothing to worry about. This was a firmware bug that has been fixed already. You can ignore it or you can make a new firmware update.
    The clicking of the powerbar seems to have been caused by connecting a 4-socket-powerbar, right? It can't be used digitally and so it starts clicking.

Hi Carolin,

You´ve eased my mind now. Can you help me further+

1. can i reconnect the cable from S1-4 back again, even if it makes that noice (yes i've got a 4 socket powerbar)
    2. how do i get/load that piece of firmware upgrade, from where and which one to use?
    3. If i'm using the operation software, what sections do i have to check and what to fill in (i'm simply want to make socket 1 and 2 work, where the plugs of the non dimmable light bars are in
    4. on and all; the manual is driving me mad, i'm not a technician: a simple do this and fill in that would work best for me (its confusing me all the time)

would you like to help me please with that

Gr. Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    1. can i reconnect the cable from S1-4 back again, even if it makes that noice (yes i've got a 4 socket powerbar)
    Please don't connect the 4-socket powerbar to S1S4, as long as you have activated the digital operation of this socket. Only when this function is
    deactivated, the analogue powerbar can be used at this socket. Otherwise it will click permanently without any control.

2. how do i get/load that piece of firmware upgrade, from where and which one to use?
    From our download section on our website you can download the latest software version:
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...tion.php?sid=5
    With our software program ProfiLuxControl you can load the new firmware onto the ProfiLux.

3. If i'm using the operation software, what sections do i have to check and what to fill in (i'm simply want to make socket 1 and 2 work, where the plugs of the non dimmable light bars are in
    4. on and all; the manual is driving me mad, i'm not a technician: a simple do this and fill in that would work best for me (its confusing me all the time)
    If you use ProfiLuxControl (it can also be downloaded from our website: http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...ion.php?sid=10, you will have to choose the version fitting to your firmware version),
    you have to do the settings under System/ Socket Functions, then choose as function Timer 1 resp. 2 for S1 resp. S2. Then under Processes/Timer 1 resp. 2 you can define the switch on/off times.

Default Error in manual - however Non Dimmable lamps on Socket 1 and 2 work now

I've got the lamps to work via the timer settings after a lot of trial/error, not because the manual is so explicit. The problem lies there where the manual confuses with wording: e.g. in section 6.3 the header is referring to 6.3 Switching output, however in reality the ProfiluxControl 5.0.1.1 software, using the remote control function in this case, speaks of Socket Outlet functions.

So a new time user, whom should build/rely on the manual may get totally confused what to do, so in may case, i never entered that menu to link the timer to the sockets. Once i've got to the point and found out through switching the manual equal to the software i discovered the wording difference.

One thing remains: both the profilux and the remote control function do not work anymore; so now i can not get into the system functions, i've posted a new Thread hoping i'll get help.

Gr. Franklin

Hi again Carolin, thanks for the assistance.

I´ve got the powerbar working fine now and the non dimmable lamps work great with the timer. I´ve discovered an confusing error between the manual and the PLsoftware menu, see underneath in my add on post.
    As you advised i´m not to worried about the characters so much, but something else happened. both PLControl (via Remote Control function) and the PLbox menu are no longer working, so i can not get into the system, make alterations etc. I posted a new thread, but no respons so far

Can you help please

As Franklin has informed me by E-Mail, the problem is solved now.