Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Died After Firmware Upgrade - Please Help

and your flashing with the flasher tool right ?

if that is the case , GHL folks will need to help , because I'm out of options.

Yes I'm flashing with FMC16LX as told. I think the EPROM has failed

I have a completely dead Profilux unit for a day now, the display is lit but there is nothing in the display therefore its controlling nothing.

For now I can control the lighting but the heating and dosing is a problem, temperature has already been fluctuating + 2.0 degrees. I really dont want to lose any livestock because of this
    Last edited by steviet; 29.07.2010 at 13:40.

not sure what reagion you are in but if you could find a peorson to give you a hand doing the flash upgarde it would get you back on track...

what are you selecting for the chip type in FMC16LX?

That was a good question, I was leaving the target Microcontroller as the default in the FMC16LX, it was MB90F562/B, after I selected MB90F867 the download completed and the unit has normal display.

THANK YOU

Ok heres an update,
    it wasnt flashing successfully because I didnt select the correct chipset
    I restored the firmware to v4.05 and it was working
    I upgraded the firmware to v5.00p and the PLC to v5 and its working except it wouldnt connect
    I checked the RS845 box and it connects

So everything is now working except the reason for starting out on this escapade in the first place. ie I wanted to control the new dosing pumps that are still in their box for the last 3 days, the old firmware had limited options for the dosing pumps, in the new V5 I cant find any menu for dosing pumps, but I will start a new thread about that.

Thank you everyone that tried helping me, especially boboxx, thanks mate

NP, I know it was something simple... the new dosing pumps are controled by timers in version 5 :P
    Last edited by boboxx; 29.07.2010 at 17:48.

Yeh, I got them now, its only when you select auto dosing that the options to determine how many per day and how much in total appears

Is it worth upgrading firmware to 5.02g before I enter all my settings again?

Congratulations. In future you read the advices twice before you start, I hope ...

Is it worth upgrading firmware to 5.02g before I enter all my settings again?
    Normally you can save and restore settings. Only between 4 an 5 there is a break, not in between 5er series.
    Is it worth? Dont know., but most changes only have effect to PL3
    Study the firmware history (link below) and decide, if the additional functions are worth to risk the trouble you already had.

My opinion is you should give your tank a little time to regenerate, even if 5.03 is coming soon (announced for release in a few days)

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...istory_ENG.txt
    Last edited by Wirus; 29.07.2010 at 17:49.

That's why it's auto , it will auto dose the amount you set

in version 5.xx ( as in 4.xx) you can store all the settings to a file and import them again after the FW upgrade.
    you just can't import 4.xx setting into 5.xx

as of 'stableness' you can go to 5.02 (although its beta) you can upgrade without worries.