Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Died After Firmware Upgrade - Please Help

Default Died After Firmware Upgrade - Please Help

I have ProfiLuxPlusIIeX with firmware version 4.05.
    I tried to upgrade the firmware (see thread http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Foru...r-Dosing-Pumps)
    and the software has died, the Profilux is lit up and the display is correct but the Profilux Control version 4.0.81.0 no longer functions.

Its crashed and now nothing is working. I got an error message saying the firmware couldnt read and the update was abandoned.
    All the options on the File menu are greyed out, only General and Email is there and it cant connect.

Please Help

Hang in there buddy! You'll get some help shortly as soon as someone comes through. Keep in mind we're dealing with a significant Time Zone gap.

It'll help your cause if you keep all of your information about this problem in one thread and not spread all over the forum. Much easier to help someone when it's all in one place.

Read the manual you have - chapter 10.7 explains exactly the emergency update procedure.
    If you dont have it anymore: http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Down...LuxII_V406.pdf -> page 66

Flash tool and firmware is here :http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Syst...tion.php?sid=5

In all cases you need a PC with serial port and the original GHL serial cable - others may fail!

I have read the manual, however my unit has the PLM-USB module so no serial cable. Will I have to purchase the serial cable? I understand its not a standard serial cable, is that correct?

Will I have to purchase the serial cable?

Maybe not: Manual says:
    If the aquarium computer already has firmware version 1.08 or higher then the update can also be performed
    via the USB connection provided a PLM-USB expansion card is fitted. Using all earlier firmware versions an
    update is possible only via the RS232 interface!
    So check that.

I understand its not a standard serial cable, is that correct?
    Yes, it´s a special one.

If the aquarium computer already has firmware version 1.08 or higher then the update can also be performed
    via the USB connection provided a PLM-USB expansion card is fitted. Using all earlier firmware versions an
    update is possible only via the RS232 interface!

I just re-read the manual again, I dont know how I missed that line.

Thanks for the link to the FMC16LX.

I assume everything should be disconnected from the unit ie the Power Bar, probes, obviously the power supply is needed.

For the times I god a bad load, I usualy disconnect everything but it's not required

It dosnt work I get the error message "MCU;18H No001 Download Error" then after trying again "Error!! No003 Timeout error "

It seems to me that its no longer communicating with the profilux. I am connecting through the USB cable and running Windows Vista and have set the COM port to COM 1 in Device MAnager.

Am I doing something wrong? it seems to me the unit wont be flashed
    Last edited by steviet; 29.07.2010 at 10:08.

They only thing I can add to this discussion is that my Profilux 3 in my case, failed some upgrades more then ones (in the past) over usb.
    Now I still do all my upgrades with serial and never missed one.

But I was always be able to recover within minutes by doing the manual flash with the flasher tool AND the usb-to-serial cable.
    and the procedures you find on this forum.

OK, I connected with a GHL genuine serial cable to my notebook (desktop PC dosnt have a serial port) and the update continues for 90% progress but still fails with the MCU 18H error.
    If I try download again without removing and reconnecting the power to the unit I get an error code MCU:32H