Thread: 5.02g FW and 5.0.2.5 SW upgrade feedback and thoughts

Daumen hoch 5.02g FW and 5.0.2.5 SW upgrade feedback and thoughts

Well i thought i would post some feedback and thoughts on the new 5.02g Firmware and 5.0.2.5 Software after upgrading.

UPGRADING
    This was easy, was done over USB - USB connection on a Windows 7 Laptop, backed up all the settings first and then upgraded (perhaps this could be just 1 step, i.e it automatically backs up your settings, upgrades, and then restores the settings).

Everything works well, apart from all the probes need to be re-calibrated (this is very annoying)

Upgrade was pretty painless.

Upgrading the software was also pretty painless (interesting to note that upgrading the software dosnt exactly upgrade, it just installs the new version, so you end up having to manually uninstall the old version...)

SOFTWARE
    I like the new look, looks a lot more modern. Everything is still in the same place apart from the menu is on the right.... not sure why but its not a big deal.
    Havnt really played around with it too much as all the settings were restored so nothing really needed doing.

I havnt had a chance to play with the webserver but did notice that it wasnt working... this might be my settings rather than a problem. (cant access it locally, can someone help)

Overall pretty happy.

Cant wait for some new things to come out soon

Recalibrate??????

Why?? i thought that when you put back sensor settings you don't have to recalibrate.... or am i worng??

Also why does it pop up window when you try to load settings that these are from an older firmware...... it is obvious that it is............

christos

richard.mayo great write up!

I like the idea of the "upgrade-backup-restore" all via a script behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by lalasfish View Post
    Recalibrate??????

Why?? i thought that when you put back sensor settings you don't have to recalibrate.... or am i worng??

Also why does it pop up window when you try to load settings that these are from an older firmware...... it is obvious that it is............

christos

Hi yes the recalibration is a pain, i still havnt done it as im lazy (thats why i got a aquarium computer)

I did also notice the pop up window when you try to re-load the settings, i thought i had done something wrong but it all seems to work..... apart from the recalibration

he he

i haven't recalibated also..... well i just have to do it at some point thought..... most painful recalibration probe is the O2 one...

cheers

christos

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
    richard.mayo great write up!

I like the idea of the "upgrade-backup-restore" all via a script behind the scenes.
    Ya that would be a nice option I usually do this anyway and I would be nice if it was automated a little.