Thread: Can no longer connect to ProfiLux 3ex via LAN after upgrade to 5.02 firmware/software

Default Can no longer connect to ProfiLux 3ex via LAN after upgrade to 5.02 firmware/software

Hi,
    I upgraded the software and firmware of my Profilux to the latest 5.025 software and 5.02g firmware. I am running Win7 on my home computer and XP on my notebook.

I can now no longer access the Profilux from the LAN. When the "Connect" button is clicked, I get "Connection to ProfiLux established successfully. Then a box pops up "Could not connect. Do you want to check the settigns now?"

The ProfiLux is listed on my router as: PROFILUX3_09 at address 192.168.2.118.

Other settings:
    Port 10001
    Search automatically (when put the actual address, same thing happens)
    Device address 1
    Timeout 5000 ms

I can connect successfully using the USB connection. I still cannot figure out how to set up my PAB Powerbar (the reason I did the upgrade). It is extremely frustratign because I had no problem connecting to the Profilux through the LAN before the updates.

Thanks in advance for your help!

please check the LAN-settings of the ProfiLux (not talking about ProfiLuxControl)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
    Hi,
    I still cannot figure out how to set up my PAB Powerbar (the reason I did the upgrade). It is extremely frustratign because I had no problem connecting to the Profilux through the LAN before the updates.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    PAB can't be configured from the PLC software you have to do it on the P3 itself. Once it's defined in the P3 you can start to use it in the PLC.

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Foru...eration-of-PAB

that's not true :P it can be configured from the "Remote Control" section now if you are running the latest firmware and PLC

Thanks guys,

That did the trick. I had been using the Profilux for over a year prior to re-doing my tank and having to start over again. I did not realize there was a distinction between ProfiLux and the Control Software.

Back up and running again, although I had to reset the ProfiLux IP address on two consecutive days to do so. Hopefully it will hold now.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by boboxx View Post
    that's not true :P it can be configured from the "Remote Control" section now if you are running the latest firmware and PLC
    yeah but from my p3 and plc the remote control just doesn't work. fw 5.02 and PLC 5.0.2.X.

I can see on the P3 the moving through the menus , but nothing on the PLC software that 'screen' stays blue.

you need PLC 5.0.2.5 for remote control of P3
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.