Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ATO using three sensors

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    if you use "ATO with 2 sensors" sensor 2 will automatically have the backup function for sensor 1
    -> then sensor 1 and sensor 2 determine the state of water 1 - nothing more to do, just use this mode

for the third sensor: use for level 3 mode "return pump"

after you did the above we can continue
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdoniom View Post
    I have now done that the levels 1 and 2 appear to work correctly, and I have set level 3 up as return pump but I keep getting an alarm on level 3.

I'm not sure if I need to add something else maybe in programmable logic but I am lost again
    it is from here that I am not sure what to do next, I would like to set it so that I only get an alarm if the third sensor shows the water level in the top up container is too low... but from what the other poster says it does not appear possible ? is there a work around or is it something that may be fixed in a future version?

the mode "return pump" works as follows: the return pump runs when the level is high enough, if the level is low the return pump is switched off until the level is high enough again

-> in this mode we assume that a low level from time to time is a normal operating condition and not a reason to cause an alarm

OK I understand that, that will work for me now all I need to understand is how to stop the constant alarm condition of sensor 3, and whether I need to add any programmable logic to get all three sensors to control the same socket.

1 and 2 work just fine as ATO with two sensors , however the third one does not cut off the socket when the water is low and is set as return pump and after around a minute causes an alarm condition.

I presume that the alarm can be prevented by the setting of time on as above, but I can't see how to get it to work on the same socket so that the top up is turned off at a low water level.

can anyone say how to do it?

you can switch off the alarm when you set the max on-time to 0s
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.