Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATO using three sensors

Ok so I figured out a work around.
    I set the max on time for the return pump to 0, and used programmable logic to get it to do what I want.

The only downside is there is no alarm to warn me when my top-off container is empty.

On another note, the computer software it displays 12:00:00AM for Max. on-time. (Probes/sensor controls -> Level 1)
    I'm assuming this is just a bug?

thanks for the hint - of course 0 should not be displayed as 12:00AM, is fixed in next version

Any plans on fixing the auto-top off alarm issue we are having?
    I would really like an alarm to tell me when my top off is empty and not to have to wait until my sump is below the sensor level.

Quote Originally Posted by jjk_reef00 View Post
    Ok so I figured out a work around.
    I set the max on time for the return pump to 0, and used programmable logic to get it to do what I want.

The only downside is there is no alarm to warn me when my top-off container is empty.

On another note, the computer software it displays 12:00:00AM for Max. on-time. (Probes/sensor controls -> Level 1)
    I'm assuming this is just a bug?
    any chance you can post what you did so it may help me fix my problem?or maybe Matthias can continue where you left off and continue to guide me on the next step?

This is only for 2 sensors (Leve1 in my sump, and level 2 in my ATO container):

Reaction Max on-time
    Level1 ATO 10s 3:00
    Level2 Return Pump 5s 0 (this doesn't give the alarm)

Socket Functions:
    Function = Programmable logic 1 ( Description = ATO pump)

Programmable logic:
    G1 AND Water1 Water2

I was able to figure this out by putting a small bucket of water next to my computer and watching the output of the levels, and the reaction of the socket I was programming.
    This computer software is very handy and makes it much easier to program than most other controllers on the market.

You can try the same experimenting with the 3 sensors. Once you play around with it for a little while it is really easy.

On a side note I have a kalk reactor that pumps water out of my ATO container.
    Programmable logic:
    G2 AND Timer4 Water 2

Socket Functions:
    Function = Programmable logic 2 ( Description = Kalk pump)

That way I will only run my kalk pump if there is water in the ATO container.
    Last edited by jjk_reef00; 13.07.2010 at 11:20.

GHL is there any plans for making the alarm work when the return pump is empty?
    I really want an alarm when my ATO is empty!

Thanks, I'll have a try just substituting level3 where you have level 2.
    I do think we need a reply with an answer on this alarm though, it must be possible to set it up so that it works after all one of the safeguards on a return pump does need to be shutting it off should sump levels fall to protect the pump.
    I don't know but does it need to be inverted , as a normal return pump would be running constantly unless switched off, but what we need is to turn the socket off so it can't run if the level is too low.
    Anyone please.

What I have done turns the socket off if the the level is too low.
    'Return Pump' works properly (inverted as you say) as long as Max on-time is set to 0 to disable the bug in the alarm.
    My issue here is that there is no alarm saying the water level is too low.
    Last edited by jjk_reef00; 13.07.2010 at 12:22.

I understand, I'll try that and wait for a comment from the GHL guys on the alarm issue as that too causes me concern

what exactly is the question regarding alarm in simple terms?