Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SMS module firmware upgrade problem

Not sure of the relevance...

Tried another reflash this evening...

When pressing D+E+B+P...when it gets to erasing it appears to have to erase /37 options......it gets to 7/37 options...the flasher software screen flashes and it jumps to the next stage and then "ends normally"

Does it need to erase 37/37 options before moving to the "next stage" and executing other aspects of the program properly?

what Profilux are we talking about, which firmware does it have?

Hi I am talking about my SMS module on version 2
    My Profilux 2 plus computer is on 4.05

Is there anything else you could suggest to get my SMS module up and running? If not I am keen to try and send it for repair ASAP

Can Profilux send me SMS v1 firmware so that I can try and restore to a previous good known version?

Failing that I really need the unit up and functioning...hence my wish to send it for repair...or for GHL to give an opinion on whats wrong?

Hi

I really have no idea what is going on.
    You tried it also with 1.03? 1.03 is OK for firmware 4.xx, you don't need 2.xx for your ProfiLux

If this didn't help - do you want to try it with ProfiLux firmware 5.00 and SMS firmware 2.00?

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the response

Upgraded Profilux firmware to 5:00, still the SMS unit behaves as previously suggested.

Surely if the status light is blinking 4 times...going off and repeating this indicates an error code. I could be wrong but I thought that the manual suggested 4 blinks for a hardware fault.

Is there no additional flasher software you can send me to erase entirely the current version of firmware and start again?

Appreciate the difficulties of troubleshooting the device remotely, but I bought the SMS unit entirely to be kept up to date with the parameters of my display tank which is obviously not able to happen currently.

Can I send the unit back to Germany for some sort of evaluation. As previously suggested the unit is integral to my system and I dont really want to be without it

Regards

PM sent for further support

Hi

I read the instructions of the SMS-unit:
    · 4x Flash: No (valid) SIM-card present

maybe you have just a problem with your SIM-card? or the settings (e.g. PIN) are wrong? can you try another one?

Has this been solved? I am having the same exact issue with updating SMS module. Using a USB to serial converter that works fine updating P3ex.

What is your problem exactly?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.