Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: problem upgrading to 4.08 - now wont connect

Default problem upgrading to 4.08 - now wont connect

i run a p2 and was running 4.07, i decided to update this over serial cale and it asll went downhill from there...i am unable to connect at all now.

im not sure if this is a ghl issue or an xp issue, device manage has 2 "?" against data interfaces, device manager also indicates i have something on com 1, i gather i may have done teh upgrade in teh wrong order and can only assume this has caused the problems, when it fails to connect it asks me if i want to adjust settings, it appears the serial is mapped to com 1 but when i do a com scan it doesnt find anything!!

i spoke to steve at reef dreams about this and he suggested i try to connect using 4.07 pc program but i dont have a copy of this, it does not appear to available on the web.

i woould like to upgrade to v5 but cant contemplate this until i have been able to extract settings from controller, does anyone have any ideas how i get a copy of 4.07 so i can connect or any other ideas about how i can get connected using any other way

thanks
    ian

Quote Originally Posted by redlion View Post
    i run a p2 and was running 4.07, i decided to update this over serial cale and it asll went downhill from there...i am unable to connect at all now.

im not sure if this is a ghl issue or an xp issue, device manage has 2 "?" against data interfaces, device manager also indicates i have something on com 1, i gather i may have done teh upgrade in teh wrong order and can only assume this has caused the problems, when it fails to connect it asks me if i want to adjust settings, it appears the serial is mapped to com 1 but when i do a com scan it doesnt find anything!!

i spoke to steve at reef dreams about this and he suggested i try to connect using 4.07 pc program but i dont have a copy of this, it does not appear to available on the web.

i woould like to upgrade to v5 but cant contemplate this until i have been able to extract settings from controller, does anyone have any ideas how i get a copy of 4.07 so i can connect or any other ideas about how i can get connected using any other way

thanks
    ian
    Here is the link to the software you can't find
    for ProfiLux II with firmware 4.00 to 4.08

Here is a link to the whole Download page . . .
    GHL/ProfiLux Download area

Another idea is to try this

NEW - Live support service

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
    Here is the link to the software you can't find
    for ProfiLux II with firmware 4.00 to 4.08

Here is a link to the whole Download page . . .
    GHL/ProfiLux Download area
    thank you for the links, i have just realised that the version on the link is 4.08, i was looking specifically for 4.07 as i think i may have done the upgrade in the wrong order so i was hoping to reinstall 4.07 and try from there, i found most of the other stuff on the download page but it doesnt list 4.07

do you know where i can get a copy of 4.07?
    thanks
    ian

That's the PC Software for 4.00 - 4.08 (all versions between 4.00 and 4.08)
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Down...ol_II_4081.exe

And for Firmware 4.07
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Down...LuxII_V407.zip

Also note you don't have to do the upgrade for FW one at a time. In theory you can go from 4.0 to 5.00p (BETA) all in one swoop....

That's the PC Software for 4.00 - 4.08 (all versions between 4.00 and 4.08)
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Down...ol_II_4081.exe

And for Firmware 4.07
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Down...LuxII_V407.zip
    i have downloaded these and they are the same as what i have already tried, i still cant connect so im wondering if the problem is with windows either directly or as a consequence of the upgrade errors i had while tring teh upgrade.

device manager does have 2 data interfaces that need drivers but whatever its looking for i dont have it, the error i get still behaves in exactly teh same way as it did before, cant connect, i check settings and they look fine ot be but with device manager showing this i cant move forward.... (see attatchment)

the reason im not upgrading to 5.x is due to wanting to make sure i have all my settings on the pc, i dont have these now as i uninstalled everything to do with 4.07 when teh upgrade started to go wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm gonna venture a "Guess" and say it's a DRIVER issue with your USB. I can't see far enough down to see (USB is at the bottom) but I'd think if you get that resolved you wont have any troubles connecting to the PLC.

I'm gonna venture a "Guess" and say it's a DRIVER issue with your USB. I can't see far enough down to see (USB is at the bottom) but I'd think if you get that resolved you wont have any troubles connecting to the PLC.
    i am using a serial cable (no usb adaptors at all) i too think its the issue as when i scan com ports it doesnt find any!!! this was all waorking fine until i had a power cut, then it was tempermental connecting after that, that was when i thought id upgrade it, my challenge is i dont know what this is refering to, i have tried pointing the installation to a number of drivers for devices are know are on the laptop but this doesnt work either

also, there is a com port section on device manager that shows com port 1 being in use, not quite sure what is using that but when i try to connect to com 1 it doesnt work

What brand and model of PC are you running?