Thread: Connecting to controller over the internet

Default Connecting to controller over the internet

Could you explain to us how we can monitor the controller from the internet with a PC that has the ProfiLuxControl software installed?

I understand the controller needs a LAN or WLAN card installed and connected to the network that has internet access. What else do we need?

Hi Dan

There is not much more else you need other than getting the profiLux networked and I am sure matthias will help you with this on this support forum

One of my dealers has a client that lives in Toronto but has a large home in Spain, he controls his tank from his office in toronto, and gets the cleaners to do any maintenance the profilux dictates or tells him needs doing.

Now thats global!

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

The only way I can see it working is if I install "Pc Anywhere" or "GoToMyPC" to access the Pc that is connected to the Profilux controller. I will be pleasantly surprised if there is an alternative.

first you add a new connection in ProfiLuxControl, for example with name "MyLan"
    settings there: TCP/IP (not auto) - than enter the IP of your home network (router)
    of course you must have a fixed IP
    or you enter a hostname, like "xenon.com" - hint: check DynDNS
    last step: in your router you redirect incoming calls to port 10001 to the IP of the ProfiLux

SWEET!

I will give that a try, thanks!

I have this working at home and it is nice to check on my parameters from work. The only problem is that you can't have more than one client running at the same time so if you have one running at home (providing e-mail dispatches) you will not be able to connect remotely. Also don't forget to set your pin so you can prevent anyone form changing your settings remotely from the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaan View Post
    I have this working at home and it is nice to check on my parameters from work. The only problem is that you can't have more than one client running at the same time so if you have one running at home (providing e-mail dispatches) you will not be able to connect remotely. Also don't forget to set your pin so you can prevent anyone form changing your settings remotely from the internet.
    I am using LOG ME IN, very good program, you can easilly connect to your computer and than work as you are at home.