Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.0.1 update killed profilux III

The jumper pins on the ProfiLux 3 is for a reset. If you set a jumper the ProfiLux permanently stays in reset state!

Recovering the firmware with "Flash-FR" is possible only via ProfiLux RS232 port (direct over ProfiLux-ser or with an USB to serial adapter) as menioned in
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Foru...ead.php?t=1274

"Error No.006 Unable to open com port" occures if your COM port is used by an other application (maybe ProfiLuxControl still open) or doesn't exist (wrong COM port selected in "Set Environment").

Default success

After reading your statement and re-reading the instructions again. I finally figured out the step that started the process. I have the system up and running. My problem in not totally understanding the instructions that make sense LOL

On another note, I would like to add that support rocks and the system rocks as well. I spent thousands on the neptune system and apex systems that were so unreliable i could not trust anything with the system, especially pumps.

I have yet to have a problem with the ProfiLux, its proven to be reliable and fun at the same time. thanks again _macfishy

Quote Originally Posted by macfishy View Post
    After reading your statement and re-reading the instructions again. I finally figured out the step that started the process. I have the system up and running. My problem in not totally understanding the instructions that make sense LOL

On another note, I would like to add that support rocks and the system rocks as well. I spent thousands on the neptune system and apex systems that were so unreliable i could not trust anything with the system, especially pumps.

I have yet to have a problem with the ProfiLux, its proven to be reliable and fun at the same time. thanks again _macfishy

I have the same feeling about the controller and support with this product. Support /stability is top notch. Running beta software from the beginning but I never had any problem with the 'core' features. Only stuff that you have to be 'aware' off because its beta.

prolly the beta software of GHL is more stable that software of other vendors , This week I've red something about aquatronica , a guy bought a second hand old unit, but aquatronica-support couldn't tell him if he would be able to upgrade the fw if he bought the upgrade cable. How can you make a product and not knowing if you can flash the device ?
    If I red that I just smiled @ my profilux