Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setup from Web Interface

Quote Originally Posted by Blahenazo View Post
    RS232 is the most stable connection for the FW upgrade
    here is de procedure for the flasher tool

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Foru...ead.php?t=1274

ps: a computer that is dead after a failed flash ( => that's so 90's ) this one you can just reflash yourself
    Lets hope that by the time I get to do this I still have a tank that is alive

Quote Originally Posted by TranSonicX; 12,028
    Lets hope that by the time I get to do this I still have a tank that is alive: (
    I dunno, why they wouldnt be?? Where are you based? How did you do the update in the first place?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I dunno, why they wouldnt be?? Where are you based? How did you do the update in the first place?

Thanks
    I am in JHB South Africa.
    Did the update over USB.

Only managed to get my return and skimmer running. To get heaters etc running would mean tearing electrics apart. (It would be the coldest night we have had this year tonight also)

Quote Originally Posted by TranSonicX; 12,030
    I am in JHB South Africa.
    Did the update over USB.

Only managed to get my return and skimmer running. To get running heaters etc would mean tearing apart electrics. (It would be the coldest night we have had this year so tonight)
    Did you unplug your powerbar whilst doing the update? This probably caused the issue?

You can get an USB to RS232 converter, hope you get it sorted and if I can be of any help, PM me and I'll give you my MSN address.

Did you unplug your powerbar whilst doing the update? This probably caused the issue?

You can get an USB to RS232 converter, hope you get it sorted and if I can be of any help, PM me and I'll give you my MSN address.
    Yip only had my sensors plugged in. I read that the plugbar can cause spikes that affect the USB.

yeah the place I went had the converter but no null modem cables so was useless. Thanks a mill for you help, will hopefully be able to sort something tomorrow.

Oh yeah, wanted to try the jumper route but when I opened the case, no jumper block on the jumper. I assume there does not need to be one unless I want to use it for the reset.

Quote Originally Posted by TranSonicX; 12,032
    Yip only had my sensors plugged in. I read that the plugbar can cause spikes that affect the USB.

yeah the place I went had the converter but no null modem cables something useless. Thanks a mill for you help, will hopefully be able to sort something tomorrow.

Oh yeah, wanted to try the jumper route but when I opened the case, no jumper on the jumper block. I assume there does not need to be one unless I want to use it for the reset.
    No jumper required on the PIII. Give me a shout tomorrow and we'll sort your other issue.

Thanks

g

Thanks so much Fletch, my wife got me a cable this morning and the machine is up and running. Happy fish again.

Not sure if the Web Interface is working as the CAT-5 cable now seems damaged but I don't really care at the moment, as long as my tank is happy.

Once again, thanks a mill, I would owe you a lot of beers for your patients.

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by TranSonicX View Post
    Thanks so much Fletch, my wife got me a cable this morning and the machine is up and running. Happy fish again.

Not sure if the Web Interface is working as the CAT-5 cable now seems damaged but I don't really care at the moment, as long as my tank is happy.

Once again, thanks a mill, I would owe you a lot of beers for your patients.

Ross
    Good to hear! Give me a shout when your ready to setup your web server.

Good to hear! Give me a shout when your ready to setup your web server.
    I had my web server running from outside my network no problem.
    Just was not able to do setting but that was software.

Now I got to do Network trouble shooting with this friggin cable.... got a doddery router at the moment, so it could also be that.