Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help urgently!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blahenazo View Post
    Rui,

I see all attempts of Aqua_digital to help you but, there is clearly a communication problem, being you are trying to run before you can walk .

It's maybe best to restart again.

1) you have a P2 plus.
    2) The powerbar you have should have a have a sticker on it with the label "powerbar6D-D" right ?

because in a post you make your get the files for PAB and PAB is not supported on the P2 plus and if the powerbar is a PAB version it will not work.

normally you should connect your Powerbar with the supplied cable to the S1-4 port of your P2. Then connect your PLC and to 'into the menu tree' to
    System =>expand it and to socket functions.

I've done it a while back , but it must be something like this.
    tick the 'Digital powerbar connected on S1-4 port
    save the config
    then on the same screen push the 'program digital powerbar or....' button.
    and follow the wizard thingy ( you can program the sockets, initial states , etc... ) start with programming the sockets , continu through the wizard )

once it's done you can tick the 'manual override' and then you can tick the sockets to see if the powerbar responds correctly.

don't forget to uncheck manual override when you are done.

Hope this helps.
    you're absolutely right it is powerbar6D-D and I went and clicked that option to enable power bar saved it and still cant click to configure power bar it just wont open now you think I downloaded the wrong files which and how can I exchange them?! thanks for your help

it says powerbar 6d- USA/CD

1. Have you got power going to the power bar from a Live wall socket?
    2. Are you using the correct data cable, it has a black ball on each end called a supressor?
    3. what lights are on the Digital power bar?
    4. if it worked before connecting then possibly you have very old firmware version on the profilux and running it on much lter software. To check this turn the controller off and back on and watch the ProfiLux screen it will tell you what version you have.
    5. this being a second hand unit, do we know it all worked before purchase (you saw it working?)

As you are in Ontario if you still get stuck it might be worth the shipping costs for us to service the unit for you and send back to you plug and play

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

I saw the unit work myself, it's the 4.00 to 4.08 version of profilux firmware is up to date also. just like the instructions say on the power bar if a disconnection to the profilux unit is taking more than 5 minutes long the light will blink green on the power bar.

I am able to get into manual over ride mode but just cant get into the option it says to program digital bar!!

UPDATE"WHILE i WROTE BACK THIS MESSAGE i WENT THROUGH PROFILUX UNIT AND TURNED ON DIGITAL POWER BAR"

it works because I just went through the profilux unit and enabled it to accept power bar and the socket I just plugged in the light went on.

Now there has to be a connection problem profilux control shows connected on my screen all the time and before I tried to change settings on the control program and its not working,like it will change on the screen of my laptop but wont change on the profilux unit itself! weird!!

its like I can change the settings on the profilux unit itself but not on the control program even though it shows being connected!!

I noticed also and suspect that the response time from control program to profilux is very slow on somethings or no go on others at all!!

so here's a review of what I think could be wrong!!

1 doing a firmware update and control update might make response possible and faster

2 I am sing a netbook "acer aspire one" so wonder if the usb ports on it arwe not fast enough instead of using a 2.0 usb connectivity

3 this unit was fully functional from a computer the previous owner was using and before I had all these problems with using the right program and firm ware the power bar,led stick etc was still under his old settings and working until I did a factory restore on the unit itself!!

lol by the way do you know how long it actually took me to change the language from german to english on the unit itself!!!

thats the other thing I change the language on the profilux control program from my netbook to english and would still display in german version!!

Its now changed to english after I found it on the unit!!
    Last edited by rui; 09.04.2010 at 01:25.

here's a real mind boggler for you!

when I get into remote action under profilux control its connectivity is phenomenal it displays all the changes right away!!
    remote is the one it shows on the profilux control program has if i was changing it on the unit so a picture of the profilux unit comes up and I change all the settings from there!

how come this works with such fast response but nothing else!!

even thunderstorms under the remote option on the profilux control program works flawless!!

but when under regular mode and I put it under 5minutes manual it tells me there is a communication failed message and shuts off the program it self.