Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help urgently!!!

Lächeln Need help urgently!!!

I have the profilux II plus

my computer wont read the 2 discs it came with

1 driver for plm-usb

2 profiluxcontrol II Lan/Wlan-tools driver
    story is I bought it used and my laptop won't read any cd's the gentleman that sold me the system said it's version 4.00 to 4.08 for the profilux control I went on to download it and still no go I downloaded the driver and there is only 2 available from the website so I don't know if these drivers are the problem they are the only ones posted I have the rsm232 connection and also the USB port the rsm232 is being used for an external profilux view and works good I have tried everything even with another laptop and no go even using the rsm232 cord won't connect and tried different versions of the profilux control I personally think it's the drivers for either connection USB or rsm232 can anyone help me I would highly appreciate it!!

you don't need this CD, all files can be downloaded from our site

load the matching ProfiLuxControl (4.xx for ProfiLux with firmware 4.xxx resp. 5.xx for ProfiLux with firmware 5.xx) and install the USB drivers

Hi

I think I have been helping you on Reef Central also, but this is the correct place for support.

So lets go step by step.

First you need to install this USB driver

USB DRIVER
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Down...aller_v110.zip

Please then install software version here (note make sure no other version of profiLux has been installed on teh laptop first, please remove all older versions)

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Down...ol_II_4081.exe

Once this is done connect the profiLux via USB to the lap top, if using Vista windows will auto find the COM port and display it in the bottom right hand side of the screen. if not go to device manager and locate the profilic driver under serial ports and make note of the COM number.

Go to profiLux control and click on the 3 dots next to the connection tabs and then edit connection.

At this point it is best to make a new connection so press new and tick the box for RS232/USB and in the window for COM input your COM port number you noted down.

Name the connection something you will recognise and save everything.

Go back to the main ProfiLux screen and in the connection drop down box select your new connection and press connect.

If it does not connect then Matthias (The owner of GHL) will help you from here
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 08.04.2010 at 13:54.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

couldn't thank you enough it is working now! and promisse will help others with the same problem!

now just 2 last questions

1. when I am in illumination menu and I go under thunderstom option and do a manual for 5 minutes it gives me a message "communication error" and disconnects the profilux!

2. I have a 6 multicontrollable power bar and cant find the options on the menu to get it set?

thanks guys! this website rocks!!

Hi

I can help you with the second question, matthias can help you with the first

Go to system then socket function outlet, from there you can set the powerbar to what you wish it to do.

Lächeln

thanks buddy but no go again do I need to download this to the profilux control file?

http://aquariumcomputer.com/Download...D-PAB_V101.zip
    Last edited by rui; 08.04.2010 at 18:09.

Lächeln

maybe I need to download version 5.xxx p (betta for best results) I also know how to update the firmware but what version should I use I just save the file to somewhere where I can find it and send it to the profilux under system for firmware update!! hope I am right

No, you do not have to download anything

Tell me exactly what you are trying to do with the power bar, I am getting mixed messages what the issue is your having

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    No, you do not have to download anything

Tell me exactly what you are trying to do with the power bar, I am getting mixed messages what the issue is your having
    sorry its just that I did has you told me under connections and has per the power bar instructions a yellow light on the bar should go on meaning profilux is in control!

so the summary is that my power bar is connected to s1-s4 on the backof profilux I have gone under system-socket functions and enabled option for digital power bar and got no connection at all and can't even click on the right hand side of it where it says "program power bar or dosing pump"

I know its a working power bar because it was working before I did a system reset!

Rui,

I see all attempts of Aqua_digital to help you but, there is clearly a communication problem, being you are trying to run before you can walk .

It's maybe best to restart again.

1) you have a P2 plus.
    2) The powerbar you have should have a have a sticker on it with the label "powerbar6D-D" right ?

because in a post you make your get the files for PAB and PAB is not supported on the P2 plus and if the powerbar is a PAB version it will not work.

normally you should connect your Powerbar with the supplied cable to the S1-4 port of your P2. Then connect your PLC and to 'into the menu tree' to
    System =>expand it and to socket functions.

I've done it a while back , but it must be something like this.
    tick the 'Digital powerbar connected on S1-4 port
    save the config
    then on the same screen push the 'program digital powerbar or....' button.
    and follow the wizard thingy ( you can program the sockets, initial states , etc... ) start with programming the sockets , continu through the wizard )

once it's done you can tick the 'manual override' and then you can tick the sockets to see if the powerbar responds correctly.

don't forget to uncheck manual override when you are done.

Hope this helps.