Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ProfiLuxControl 5.0.0.12 and firmware 5.00p

I am getting error"
    this file is unsutable for this device

first time i am getting this error message while upgrading firmware

downloaded a wrong file
    Last edited by mshur; 01.04.2010 at 02:27.

Wow! I install the new soft and firm ware and no problem of lan comunication throughout the evening! 15,000 transmition, 0 error to 25 ms. I am glad that this problem settled. thank you for your very good work!

One thing, I have been forced to use flash fr en because I still had a failure during the update the firm ware. I never managed to make an update to firm ware without a failure.
    I try with USB and RS232-USB converter and nothing works. Flash fr still works with her the first time. Why I have this problem?? When I do the update the firm ware, I start the procedure, after I save over the screen Profilux . At all the times its frozen and failure! pl3 then died, I have to use flash.
    Last edited by patrick vachon; 01.04.2010 at 05:13.

Patrick,

what about the built-in USB-port? Why can't you use this one?

Definately better connection! 4,5 hours with only 2 fail, not bad.
    But, with second fauld PCT didnt restart and i got error 50. i use USB to upgrade. didnt have any problem to upgrade, went pretty smooth.
    Last edited by mshur; 01.04.2010 at 07:06.

Matthias,
    I wonder why we never had this problem before. I have this system for long time and no one ever expirience this problem with connection.Since i upgraded to P3..thats it, everyone seems to having this issue.

But, still the best controller out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Patrick,

what about the built-in USB-port? Why can't you use this one?
    I am not sure I understand your question

my laptop just has USB output, I use a USB-serial converter cable. But impossible to do an update without failure. I also try with the USB cable that comes with the pl3ex but still a failure. The problem is once the new firmware downloaded an application for the save appears on the screened pl3, I save selects and starts the procedure on computer. During the process of erasure software freezes and nothing more.

but it works very well with flashfr.

thank you

I advise all my support cases to use the flash tool only, I have never been able to use any other method. but this is a positive not a negative, the flash tool is 100% stable and the most reliable way to do updates.

My own advise to all the people contacting me, please use the flash tool, it is fail safe.

Mike - I think the reasons are more in the fact we are still in development stage and if you look at the file size of the firmware it is so much bigger than the Plus II, so more data is being transferred, giving more time for drop outs.

The future I am convinced for the P3 uploads should be web based, you would never have an issue again (I am told )

Any updates in future just use the flash tool - simple easy and not stress

Onto the conection itself, yes it is rock solid, I have had mine running since the weekend, not one drop out.

Jeff - freezes, this can happen if your pc goes into sleep mode, this is normal. You will then get error 50 when coming out of sleep mode. Why - the pc stopped communicating with the profiLux not the other way round.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Patrick - Are you acepting the download on the profilix controller screen before pressing OK on the PC screen?

This is common reason for freeze becuase the profiLux is waiting for your direct command on its keypad.

There also is no reason why you can not use direct USB to USB from your laptop to the ProfiLux.

I also wonder how many users are not using the GHL RS232 cable with their converters? If you just plug the RS232 lead on the converter into the back of the profiLux you will never be able to do updates, you must still use the GHL led plugged into the serial end of the converter.

I had two support cases where clients had snapped bits off on the converter to make it fit the ProfiLux or one complained it was not compatible.

Matthias may disagree but the for the sanity of support I ask my support cases please use the flash tool everyone.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

always the same: we can do here updates on any PC (several windows versions) on any ProfiLux (II, IIeX, 3, 3eX ...etc.) - not one update ever failed with ProfiLuxControl