Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ProfiLuxControl 5.0.0.12 and firmware 5.00p

Default ProfiLuxControl 5.0.0.12 and firmware 5.00p

are available for ProfiLux II and ProfiLux 3

for ProfiLux II a few smaller improvements like higher connection speed

for ProfiLux 3 additionally a few things in regards to webinterface (iPhone application runs now also password protected)

read more in firmwarehistory

PS: There is no reason to panic even when some wishes had not been fulfilled yet - the next firmware version comes very soon, we decided to publish 5.00p now although not all requested features are implemented because there are already many important improvements in 5.00p available!

I got flasherase no response 8

ok was not hitting yes on the controller. Well I just did it and during the firmware update it stopped and now my system is OFF.. Man I am sop PISSED the USB connection is a joke. That is what I am sure caused the failed firmware update.

Did you read the instruction on the pop up while doing the upgrade?

It says:
    Please read this thoroughly before the update!

Manual:
    http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Down...LuxII_V406.pdf
    Page 67

Click on Download in the File menu. You will then be asked to select the file containing the new firmware.
    Make sure you select only the firmware file appropriate to your ProfiLux model! After successfully analyzing
    the file the aquarium computer will display the question Download now?. After answering Yes you should
    then confirm the message displayed by ProfiLuxControl II with OK. The download will then begin and the
    firmware will be updated. When the process is completed your ProfiLux (Plus) II will be restarted.

You had to press Yes on the controler _Before_ you click the ok in profilux control. Now the firmware is currupted, you will have to restore with FlashFR and a computer with a workinf serial port! (the instruction are on page 67 also)

Yep did exactly that and it stopped during the download about half way through.. Was going fine and then all the sudden it stopped working.. After a few minutes I ran the mouse over it and it said not responding....

I have done 2 other firmware updates and had no problems before...

Hi Jeff

in reply to your question on the same thread on RC the serial port is always port 1, however if using an adapter the post is what ever the USB driver is sitting on, as you are switching over to a USB adapter. Go to device manager when the adapter is plugged in and see what port the adapter is using.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

no I am using a serial cable.. also where it says Hex File how do you change it for plusII

Hi
    Its too long for me to copy and paste so page 67 of the manual gives you step by step instructions and the download section gives you what fujitsu tool to use

You are trying to install the right firmware - Plus II not P3?

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

I am back online. Weird when it restarted it showed firmware 5p also and then when I pulled up the 5.0.0.12 software all my info was there and all the probe values were correct. I thought it was going to be all in default mode? This is the only way I will ever do a download again.. This is fast and easy and no dropout.

Um no the software and firmware are II specific.

hmm seems all for nothing as my 5.0.0.12 program already froze.....