Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Solving connection problems

Hello,

i'm having a connection problem with a profilux II, with firmware version 5.0p. The profilux don't have usb port, only rs232 and LAN.

I'm using a power lan adapter to bring lan to the device. the profilux gets an ip address and it pings.

But when connecting with the pc software it loses the connection right away. Can't do a telnet to port 10001, but it still pings.

When tryin to update trough the rs232, it shows "error message 28".

I've tried with all the software versions that are available in the downloads page. (5.1.4.3/5.1.5.2/Profilux Control II)

Thank you

RS232-PLC:
    Are you using the matching version of ProfiLuxControl to your Firmware? You write, your firmware version is 5.0p.
    There is a flash tool to do an emergency firmware update via RS232, if the update has failed.

LAN:
    there is no telnet service supported by the PLM-LAN.
    The only connection supported is via ProfiLuxControl.

Thanks Frank,

i tried first with a software version that used to work, and then i downloaded others versions to try and didn't worked too.

I will try the flash tool. But i don't know for sure what jumper is necessary to set in profilux II. (http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/ar...hp/t-1274.html)

You have the wrong instruction, this is for ProfiLux 3.
    You need this instruction for ProfiLux II (Instructions Firmware Update ProfiLux II):
    http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...tion.php?sid=3

Can't get the RS323 adopter to work with my GHL - tried everything i even re installed my Window 7 ( i usually use mac but GHL won't budge and make it mac compatible bearing in mind its 2014 for god sake! and i know there is something called myGhl will be coming out at some point this year but i won't be able to use it as i need to update my flipping FW i still run on the old one because i can not update)

i checked my port com in device manager it works and assigned to com3-

i tried to run com scan on GHL again nothing - tried to match the com In the GHL setting to the one on the device manager list i.e. COM3, it connects but then immediately discconect and give me code 28 !

its really frustrating given the money i paid for two Ghl unites and expransion box mitras and 7 power sockets PAB - Come on this can be real i can't update or connect to hl unit !! and please do not tell me it is a pc issue

GHL did not make your adapter so they have absolute no control over your unreliable adapter, I think we need to step back a bit here and look at where the problem lies.

Its the adapter that the PC is looking for NOT the ProfiLux.

Assuming you have a P3 controller there is nothing stopping you using the built in USB socket. I assume you have installed both GHL USB drivers for this port.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Is there a way I can change the IP address of the profilux through the unit rather than a direct connection??

Is there a way I can change the IP address of the profilux through the unit rather than a direct connection??
    It´s possible to change/set the IP at the device via menu.

is there anyway to reset the adapter? never had so many problems before...
    Last edited by Buzbie; 06.12.2015 at 15:30.

How???