Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Solving connection problems

It could also be the case that you are not using the latest driver for your serial/USB-adapter
    or that the adapter doesn't work correclty and you have to try another one...

hi im wondering if you can help. i was using profilux control 5.1.0. i then downloaded 5.1.1 thinking it would be a updated version of profilux control. so i had 2 profilux controls. i installed my vortech controller ai lighting and all other settings on the 5.1.0 version. settings still showed up in the 5.1.1. i found it difficult to control vortechs using profilux at first but i then was successful in making connection using 5.1.0. pump worked fine. full controll. i noticed that other peoples screenshots of there vortech overviews was different to mine as they had more features so i then downloaded version 5.1.3 which seems to be the latest version as it has settings such as awc, storm. the problem is everytime i click on vortech 1 i get error 41 message then profilux programme closes. please help. i tried updating vortech again then the update failed i think this is because i already have the vortech firmware 2.02.

i just deleted all profilux contriol progammes and installed the older 5.10 and i dont have any problems clicking vortech pump 1 but it does not have the awc strom ect features which the 5.13 version has. how can i upgrade to this without error 41

You need to also update the firmware of your controller not just load the new software otherwise you will get a miss match and error meassages.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

thats what im trying now. im trying to upgrade firmware to 5.11. for some reason i cannot download the firmware off the website. its saying windows cannot open file message. i keep trying and now every time i click on the download it opens up the file so i click to download and profilux control screen opens . its wierd. even though i deleted profilux control again off computer it still opens up when i click the firmware dowload. i deleted profilux control to see if it would let me download the firmware

i managed to extract the file save to desktop then start firmware update. i unplugged powerbar and vortech pab then started update. firstly it said somthing about wait while powerbars... then it said erasing flash, then it said not responding. the error message came and said error while transmitting firmware flash erase no response-8. what does this mean? and is this classed as firmware update fail. will i now have to flash and will i get problems? or should i try again

i have managed to install firmware 5.11 and i have downloaded profliux controll 5.13. i am still experiencing error code when i click vortech pump 1 error code 41. the only reason i can think of is it is a new page not recognized by the vortech controller. the page on 5.10 just had basic timetable of vortech then description underneath. the new page on 5.13 has how you want pump to respond during awc, feed, maintenance

you mean ProfiLuxControl 5.1.1.3 ? there is no PLC 5.13

did you also update the VorTech-Controller to 1.03?
    http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...tion.php?sid=8
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

i have now done it. i had to flash 5.11. onto the profilux. i then downloaded 5.1.1.3 pro control, i then re updated the vortech 1.03 even though it was already on 1.03. (previously when i updated vortech i did it on profilux 5.05 using profilux control 5.10. when tryin to use on updated profilux i was getting communication errors when trying to use the vortechs. everything worked fine after firmware updating profilux and profilux control then firmware updating the vortechs on this programme rather than 5.10. for anyone getting communication errors after upgrading profilux control try updating all pab devices on latest software

Quote Originally Posted by mr murphy View Post
    i have now done it. i had to flash 5.11. onto the profilux. i then downloaded 5.1.1.3 pro control, i then re updated the vortech 1.03 even though it was already on 1.03. (previously when i updated vortech i did it on profilux 5.05 using profilux control 5.10. when tryin to use on updated profilux i was getting communication errors when trying to use the vortechs. everything worked fine after firmware updating profilux and profilux control then firmware updating the vortechs on this programme rather than 5.10. for anyone getting communication errors after upgrading profilux control try updating all pab devices on latest software

Hello

I have the same error while transmitting firmware flash erase,No Response-8.

I tried to do what you said "for anyone getting communication errors after upgrading profilux control try updating all pab devices on latest software" problem is i can't find any of the Pab devices firmware on the website, do you know where i can find them?, or if there is any other way around this error?

I'm using Profilux Plus II
    Firmware version 5.0.3
    I was trying to update to the version 5.1.5

Thank you for your time.

Manuel Gomes

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Gomes View Post
    Hello

I have the same error while transmitting firmware flash erase,No Response-8.

I tried to do what you said "for anyone getting communication errors after upgrading profilux control try updating all pab devices on latest software" problem is i can't find any of the Pab devices firmware on the website, do you know where i can find them?, or if there is any other way around this error?

I'm using Profilux Plus II
    Firmware version 5.0.3
    I was trying to update to the version 5.1.5
    Hi,
    Don't bother trying to update PAB devices for yourself.
    As PAB is only available on the P3, you cannot have any PAB units.

For the firmware file for the PII, up on top of the forum page is a downloads button, click on there and it will take you to the new downloads area!
    ON the right hand side of that page, it tells you this is underconstruction and offers the original download page.
    You will find it there! Attached link HERE for you.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!