Thread: Firmware 6.22: Webserver port forwarding not working

hemoi Gast

Default Firmware 6.22: Webserver port forwarding not working

Hi,
    I have a P3.1n EX. I just upgraded to firmware 6.22.
    I am not able to access the webserver from external network.
    I have port forwarding setup and all was working fine from previous firmware version 6.16. I have not changed anything on my network side, but now I cannot access my profilux from outside network.

I am forwarding on port 8080. I have also confirmed that GHL Control Centre shows it is on port8080.
    Port Forward.PNG
    I am able to access all my other devices from outside network which confirms there is no problem with my router or port forwarding on router.

I can access the profilux webserver from internal network.

Can someone please confirm if this is an issue with the firmware version ??

Kind Regards,
    Hem

Check the IP. If you perform an update, the PL may have reset the IP (this happen for me from 6:14 t 6.20).
    If you have active DHCP, you may not recognze this inside your home net, but the forwarding doesn´t work anymore with the new IP.

Remark: Some routers are able to bind the forwarding to a device (aka MAC address) instead of an IP. This easy up the port forwarding and prevent such problems

And - as always - if you change network settings, a power cycle is neccessary.

hemoi Gast

Hi,
    Thanks Guenther. I changed the port on the webserver and also my router. That worked. I then set it back to port 8080 and it started working again.

Cheers,
    Hem