Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eX board

Default eX board

I cannot get it to accept the eX board now that I have upgraded to 3. I run the eX upgrade and restart the box by unplugging it and plugging it back in and still nothing. Running version O. IT looks like it disconnect when I confirm
    Last edited by wesheltonj; 24.03.2010 at 04:06.
    Herr Dr. iur. WESheltonJ
    GHL Proflilux 3 eX, w/ (2) Digital Power bars, GHL Temp, Salinity, & ORP Probes, AD pH Probe & AI LED light

are you using newest firmware 5.00o and newest ProfiLuxControl 5.0.0.11?

I just updated a P3 to a P3eX with 5.00o using PLC 5.0.0.11 - it works as it should

Yes, I am using the latest software and the latest firmware. It seems to disconnect then I press update.
    Herr Dr. iur. WESheltonJ
    GHL Proflilux 3 eX, w/ (2) Digital Power bars, GHL Temp, Salinity, & ORP Probes, AD pH Probe & AI LED light

how are you connecting? USB, serial or IP

serial connection
    Herr Dr. iur. WESheltonJ

>>>Then the serial is not being accepted and the card needs resetting. The EX card was programmed prior to leaving here it did not need doing.

Please post your issue here and GHL will sort it out for you. www.aquariumcomputer.com/forum I do not have access to the reset key, sorry.

Regards

Michael Hall

I Need the reset key. Thanks

PS: Having second thought with upgrading, nothing works. First board arrived damaged, then PAB board, now cannot get computer to accept eX board, and my AI fixture does not accepting the commands from the computer too.
    Herr Dr. iur. WESheltonJ

wow your having a ruff time... hang in there it will come in place and will all be worth the upgrade

I think we need to take a breathe here

Firstly and most important we are here to help and will get you up and running.

To clarify your points.

1. yes you received a broken key pad on first shipment, this was replaced.

2. You broke the PAB board we replaced for free.

3. I remember now we did not do the upgrade for you sorry i got confused with another client, we were going to do it but instead we sent you the replacement PAB for free. Correct?

4. Something in doing the upgrade yourself has not gone right, so the EX card is not being recognised.

To cure all this -

Proves we should be doing all upgrades
    You may need to send the controller in finally for us to rectify the issues. Maybe when the EX card was refited some pins got bent? that would be the first check I would make, then after check the ribbon cable.
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 25.03.2010 at 12:48.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

I already checked for bent pins. The box says slot 0 serial, slot 1 serial. When I press yes on the software up perform the eX upgrade on my computer it disconnects and does nothing.
    Herr Dr. iur. WESheltonJ

Hi

Please can you email me at sales@aqua-digital.com and we will address this directly

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support