Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Connecting over the internet (rostato)

ops.. its scientific atlanta who makes it. small black box

Mike,

try a post here, http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all let me know if you need any help writting it up.

Thanks

g

I must say that I am happy I went with the all in one modem/router. It was SO easy to set up, and get going even with using a wireless bridge on the PIII. Plus, for whatever reason I get about 250-500kbps faster speeds...not much , but it's nice!

Gary,
    I was talking to some IT guy from out local club and he said that cable company doenst want people to run they webservers and they block something , i dont remmebrt to tech for me
    he also said that , there is a way around it and he can come over to check my reef ( of cause) and help me with this issue. So , i will wait

mike

Why don't you just call your cable internet provider and ask if they block remote access by users. It only took me like 5 min to call and find out that they don't block it. It they do block it, then you know you have an un-fixable problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mshur View Post
    Gary,
    I was talking to some IT guy from out local club and he said that cable company doenst want people to run they webservers and they block something , i dont remmebrt to tech for me
    he also said that , there is a way around it and he can come over to check my reef ( of cause) and help me with this issue. So , i will wait

mike
    Maybe 5 or 6 years ago this was the case, but most reasonable ISP's no longer do this.

This is not the case for you because you can remotley connect to your linksys.

I would seriously post in the dedicated forum to resolve this issue or upgrade your equipment.

Thanks

g

thank you guys,
    I will wait for my friend to check out my set up when he come over to see my tank. i hope he will be able to fix it