Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Connecting over the internet (rostato)

I am tryin gto access via a dynamic DNS. A static IP address is another $20 monthly with my Internet provider.

Gary worked with me for over 3 hours last night, and I think we (him) figured out the problem.

I'll wait until we get it completly fixed, and let you know what we had to do. We had to call it quits because it got late.

ok, Just to let everyone know Gary figured out my problem, and I just got everything up and running.

Basically, I was having serious communication issues between my modem, and seperate router. They were not talking properly at all.

So I ended up buying a brand new DSL modem/router combo from Netgear (awesoem by the way) and re doing my entire network. Followed his tutorial online, downgraded to firmware "m" and wala! It works.

So to those of you having issues, this may be a problem. You may need an all in one modem/router to get it to work for you.

I am glad you got working. i stil have problem, but i dont see what could be the problem between modem and router. i can get to my router from work without any problems and i dont why i cant get to profilux . what this has to do with cable modem? Plus, i spoke with cable company and they told me that i can use my own router/cable but the y will not support any issues in case i will have in the future. Plus, i get Free modem from cabgle company.
    I am really upset, my main reason was to upgrade and spend extra money to get P3 so i can use webserver. No i am stuck!!!! I hope GHL will fix this problem...

Quote Originally Posted by mshur; 10,963
    I am glad you got working. i stil have problem, but i dont see what could be the problem between modem and router. i can get to my router from work without any problems and i dont why i cannot get to ProfiLux. what this has to do with cable modem? Plus, I spoke with cable company and they told me that i will can use my own router / cable but the y not support any issues in case i will have in the future. Plus, i get free modem from cabgle company.
    I am really upset, my main reason was to upgrade and spend extra money to get P3 so i can use webserver. No i am stuck!! I hope GHL intends to fix this problem ...
    Mike as you know I dont work for GHL, this seriously isnt a GHL problem, and I did explain why this doesnt work for you in your other post, but I will break down again in more detail

1. Your modem has an external IP, you connect to your router from the modem.

2. The router does not see the external ip, it sees the internal ip from your modem, it will therefore not route ports.

This is how you can remotely log into your router, but it doesnt route any traffic. To do this you need to bridge the connection from your modem to the router.

Gary,
    First i really wanna thank you for taking time and helping me out !

Is it possable to fix this issue without me getting a new modem/router? How can i bridge connection?

mike

Quote Originally Posted by mshur View Post
    Gary,
    First i really wanna thank you for taking time and helping me out !

Is it possable to fix this issue without me getting a new modem/router? How can i bridge connection?

mike
    I tried for 7 hours with another user. To be honest I think the technology is just too old and it just presents problem after problem, believe me I really tried on this. In the UK the ISPs stopped supplying seperate modems and routers in 2003 ish, for this reason I guess...

What modem do you have and I will try and find you some instructions.

Thanks

Gary

gary,

Most people in US use modem/router set ups. i spoke with my cable company and they said i can get all in one unit , but they will not support me if i will have any problems like loosing connection and stuff
    plus, they supply us with Free modems

gary,

Most people in US use modem/router set ups. i spoke with my cable company and they said i can get all in one unit , but they will not support me if i will have any problems like loosing connection and stuff
    plus, they supply us with Free modems
    Have you ever tried to get support from an ISP, I wouldnt worry too much about that.

I know its very mainstream, in the US, suprising, they'll catch up.

You didnt mention the name of your router...

sorry,
    I have Linksys router.

do you think if i call support they will walk me through to get this bridge connection?

sorry,
    I have Linksys router.

do you think if i call support they will walk me through to get this bridge connection?
    worth a try? the linksys is the router, whats the modem make and model?

thanks

g