Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Connecting over the Internet (MSHUR)

I use USB for connection to my PC now no Lan.. My USB connection always fails and I get errors so not sure it will work for me? I lose connection and my connection never re establishes itself??????????

Quote Originally Posted by gqjeff View Post
    I use USB for connection to my PC now no Lan.. My USB connection always fails and I get errors so not sure it will work for me? I lose connection and my connection never re establishes itself??????????
    It works with USB, strange issue... can but try...

I have latest software/firmware versions also.

I have latest software/firmware versions also.
    Personally I would try it on another PC, if it works you know the Profilux is not at fault, which is unlikely.

this is a new PC only 5 months old.. Also I have signed up at marinemad so how can I check things out? I have my software running also. I just removed the rs232 connection and only show the USB connection. maybe that was the problem????????

Quote Originally Posted by gqjeff; 10,981
    this is a new PC only 5 months old .. So I have signed up at marinemad so how can I check things out? I have my software running also. I just removed the rs232 connection and only show the USB connection. maybe that was the problem ????????
    A PC thats 1 day old can stop working... like the HP I ordered this week!!

If you downloaded and installed the software, you should have a clownfish icon on your system tray, right click settings (set up as appropriate) then, right click and again and click log now, then refresh your MarineMad.com webpage.

Simple

Ok got the logger working. I can log into anywhere and check that anytime correct? I also had to turn the profilux software off for it to work. Seems to be working fine. Can I set it up to send me emails? This seems MUCH better then the profilux software that sends emails as like I said I lose connection all the time and its not reliable.

Ok got the logger working. I can log into anywhere and check that anytime correct? I also had to turn the profilux software off for it to work. Seems to be working fine. Can I set it up to send me emails? This seems MUCH better then the profilux software that sends emails as like I said I lose connection all the time and its not reliable.
    Yep, you can log in anytime to MarineMad.com from anywhere.

It updates every 15 mins as long as its running on your PC and of course you leave your PC on while your out and it doesnt go to sleep!!

If you click on the values, it will give you graphs of values also.

ok so i will go into settings on my PC and make sure the hard drive does not shut down. what settings should I set my PC on so it doe snot shut off the program or connectivity?

ok so i will go into settings on my PC and make sure the hard drive does not shut down. what settings should I set my PC on so it doe snot shut off the program or connectivity?
    Control Panel, Power Options.

I would leave it on 24/7 but thats upto you... Personally I just leave my old pc on while I'm at work..