Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firmware 5.00o (BETA) for ProfiLux 3

Quote Originally Posted by steviek View Post
    when firmware updating what is the prefered route ... usb or network or serial?

Does it say successfully completed update, so you know its done?

i have been having trouble of late. Thanks in advance for any help.
    I'm using serial via usb. last atempt via usb resulted in the failed flash. I could offcourse recover via FR flash (via serial).

I'm wondering how you can recover from the failed flash on the PAB device (I never had this issue ,but yesterday I updated my ex box and I started wondering , Matthias ?

using RS232 and USB are OK for updating the firmware

I'm wondering how you can recover from the failed flash on the PAB device (I never had this issue ,but yesterday I updated my ex box and I started wondering , Matthias ?
    there is no need for recoverys because there is a complete different update mechanism compared to ProfiLux - even if the update fails the PAB device will "keep alive" and wait for a new update

good to know that it is 'n00b' proof

But I still have another question => what states will for example will the sockets take of a PAB powerbar. If you are overwriting and it failed can it be that they end up in an 'undefined'/wrong state ?
    Last edited by Blahenazo; 29.03.2010 at 18:56.

If your update failed on the PowerbarPAB, all sockets are in off state. This is also the case during the update.