Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error message

is this the newest USB-driver from our site?

there is no reason why it should not work - if the ProfiLuxControl communication settings match the windows harwdare manager settings it must work

do you want to post some screenshots?

Yes, latest driver. I have windows 7 on my laptop. The CD that came with the GHL USB module did not have a windows 7 driver on it.

I noticed that the PLM-USB windows 7 driver says Prolific USB to serial comm port (Comm 6) Port_#0002.Hub_#0005 in my device manager? Shouldn't it be USB to USB? The device manager also says Comm 6 but when clicking on the general tab I see it says Port 2? Shouldn't it say Port 6 also? Bottom line is it worked fine until firmware version 5.00m was installed.

I tried using a different USB port on my laptop - recognized as comm port 7 in manager. Profilux control started to communicate (green bar moving very slowly) after a long time it said comm established but the menu still only showed general and email notification. I waited.................. nothing so I closed out and restarted profilux control - now no comm again error 28. Tried multiple times. I then rloaded ver 5.09 and tried same thing - no comm error message 28. Adjusted baud rates, still no connection.

I set baud to 9600 for the USB device in manager and the connection speed in control manager - starts to connect (green bar slowly moves to right) then it freezes, i get a not responding message at top of control manager. Getting ********** again with profilux.

it finally connected - very slow to connect - menu is slow, whatever I select is slow to pop up. What is causing this?

I went back to 5.08 and it works fine, not slow, connects quickly. So i am now using 5.00m and 5.08. So I have established that the problem is not with my laptop but with the upgrades. Guess I will stick with 5.08 unless you can tell me why the upgrades are causing so many problems?

Prolific USB to serial comm port
    is correct

there must be something wrong with your system - the things you described are not normal

Firmware 5.00o and ProfiLuxCOntrol 5.0.0.11 work great together

maybe you try another COM-port - change it in the device manager to something else, e.g. 4 and change the setting in ProfiLuxControl accordingly
    sometimes there are conflicts between several USB-devices, they can be solved when assigning other numbers