Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI LED new model not following Profilux program

Default AI LED new model not following Profilux program

I programmed my lighting preferences (Illumination 1&2) into the Profilux controller using the standard RS232 cable and my laptop. I then unplugged the laptop from the Profilux and plugged in the AI cable (the AI LED light module uses the Profilux RS232 port also, so you can't connect your computer to the Profilux via the RS232 at the same time). Need to have a Profilux WLAN or USB module installed in the controller to connect to the laptop.

The AI LED is not following/responding to the program I input. Does the AI LED light need to be recognized by the profilux controller similar to the way the pH probe and Cond probe are recognized? Do you need to have the AI LED module connected to the profilux controller when configuring the lighting program on the Profilux controller via a laptop?

Preferences were saved, loaded, checked, etc.... doubble checked everything multiple times. Lights are running at 100% both blue and white. Bad cable? I only waited over 7-weeks for the new cable from AI - getting/already am **********! I cannot use manual overide to check light dimming - waiting for USB module (Friday) so I can plug in my laptop and LED lights at same time (RS232).

when you used the RS232 for connecting the ProfiLux to a PC this RS232 port is reserved for a PC connection and it stops communicating with AI (otherwise there would be conflicts)

-> restart the AI-communication: go to menu "special lamps" on the device itself, confirm your AI settings and save them
    now the communication to AI is started again until the next communication to your PC

read more about this in the manual

I read the manual. I used the controller to verify lighting preferences and saved same. (already programmed into the Profilux controller) Light is not responding to Profilux programming. At this time in the morning, blue should be at 8%, white 0% per program as verified on the Profilux controller - the light is 100% blue and white! Cause - Cable, Light or Profilux?

Got it. I verified/saved program under Illum 1&2 on the Profilux itself - I did not go to special lamp menu and verify/save.

Thank You

I have run through the program using the controller's menu................ verified my lighting preferences for both Illum 1 and 2 and saved. Then went to special lamp on menu and verified new lamp and dimmable - saved. The Profilux is showing illum1 at 1% which is wrong - should be 100%! Illum 2 at 1% which is wrong - should be 100%! Why is the controller not only not saving data but also displaying wrong intensity? No where in my program do I call for 1% at any time of day! What is the problem!?!

Bill

I can manually manipulate light intensity for both Illum 1 & 2.

If you can manually adjust it then the Ai works, the cable works and the profiLux works.

The only thing left would be that you missing something out in what Matthias described to you.

Please go back over this.

Also make sure you have the controller set to the same time as your local time and moon phse is not in place.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

It was Moonphase - thank you aqua_digital. I'm not going to even ask why that would have overidden the programming and kept the lights at 1%. Did not see that described in the manual either. I think the GHL equipment is top notch, as is your support. But ............. I got to tell you that I think the manual is seriously lacking. Whether it is the German to English translation or the manual was written by a computer programmer for computer programmers, either way it doesn't matter. Trying to comprehend/understand the operation/instructions is difficult. And I know I am not the only one who has problems with the manual, just read the boards on here and ReefCentral. I build/operate/troubleshoot industrial environmental treatment systems for a living which includes understanding/reading ladder logic so I do have an understanding of command/control systems from various manufacturers incl. Honeywell, Siemens, Johnson, etc..... Just my opinion.

Default I have the same problem

hate to say that I am going through the same problem I verified/saved on the controller , special lamp ----> AI----> saved. AI 1---> Dim-able saved,AI 2---> Dim-able saved as mentioned above. what am I missing? it doesn't seem complicated. still AI unites have 100% intensity, does not response to P3. My eyes are burning keep looking at the lights. what else should I try?

any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqualab View Post
    It was Moonphase - thank you aqua_digital. I'm not going to even ask why that would have overidden the programming and kept the lights at 1%. Did not see that described in the manual either. I think the GHL equipment is top notch, as is your support. But ............. I got to tell you that I think the manual is seriously lacking. Whether it is the German to English translation or the manual was written by a computer programmer for computer programmers, either way it doesn't matter. Trying to comprehend/understand the operation/instructions is difficult. And I know I am not the only one who has problems with the manual, just read the boards on here and ReefCentral. I build/operate/troubleshoot industrial environmental treatment systems for a living which includes understanding/reading ladder logic so I do have an understanding of command/control systems from various manufacturers incl. Honeywell, Siemens, Johnson, etc..... Just my opinion.
    Last edited by wcho; 12.05.2010 at 16:32.

are we talking about newest firmware and ProfiLuxControl?

did you try "old" and "new" model for AI?