Thread: Upgrading from P3 to P4

Frage Upgrading from P3 to P4

Hi

I got the P4 some time ago, but still using the P3, as I really don't want to redo the entire setup.
    A few questions, that would make everything easier:

1. Is the 'older' PAB bars compatible with P4
    2. Can I save my current setup from my P3 and upload the to the P4?

Hello,

1) Yes.

2) No, sorry.
    It is possible to connect to 2 devices simultaneously with GHL Control Center, so I suggest you open a window for each device side-by-side to compare settings.

Gaël
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gael View Post
    Hello,

1) Yes.

2) No, sorry.
    It is possible to connect to 2 devices simultaneously with GHL Control Center, so I suggest you open a window for each device side-by-side to compare settings.

Gaël
    Thanks for the reply.
    I did try importing the setting, and seems to work for some but not all settings.
    For some reason, the PAB didn't work when trying to add the p4.
    Had to re-add the p3 and the PAB was still malfunctioning -seems the connect port isn't working anymore.

A lot of hazzle and resetup of my p3 and everything is online again.

Might try with the p4 again in the weekend - setup takes hours with this thing.

I thought that saying "No, sorry." was enough and that you wouldn't have tried it despite my reply, but obviously I should have told you that if you did it in spite of me telling you it wasn't possible, you might create problems...
    Indeed, the parameter structure and settings are not identical between ProfiLux 3 and ProfiLux 4...
    Open a ticket to help you get your ProfiLux up and running again: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...ets-enquiries/ (Guest login)

Gaël
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.