Thread: New pH probe

Default New pH probe

I've just purchased a new pH probe as my old one was reading 10.50 constant new probe calibrated and was reading 6.98 in the 7solution placed the probe in the sump and it's reading 8.82 salifert test shows 8.1 pH could it be the settings on the profilux.Sorry forgot to say I'm running a profilux4.

Any advice welcome any help??

Hi,

If you dip the probe in each 7 and 9 solution and the results are close to the value of the fluids, then that means the probe itself is working normally. The unusually high values when it is placed in the aquarium may be a result of interference from other powered devices. Check the probe cables and make sure they are not running alongside power cables and noisy PSU.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    Hi,

If you dip the probe in each 7 and 9 solution and the results are close to the value of the fluids, then that means the probe itself is working normally. The unusually high values when it is placed in the aquarium may be a result of interference from other powered devices. Check the probe cables and make sure they are not running alongside power cables and noisy PSU.
    Thank you very much for your help I have looked probe and cable not near any power cables probes placed in the same place as my slightly older profilux 4 which read pH at around 8.3-8.4 which was only slightly higher than the actual 8.1 it generally hovers around I did wonder if I had not invited the correct settings when calibrating

I would do the calibration again, preferably with fresh bottles of fluid. That would eliminate the possibility of old liquids or cross contamination.
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I would do the calibration again, preferably with fresh bottles of fluid. That would eliminate the possibility of old liquids or cross contamination.
    Ok I'll do that no problem