Thread: Powerbar 6E-PAB benefits for DC components?

Default Powerbar 6E-PAB benefits for DC components?

Are there any benefits to using the Powerbar 6E-PAB vs standard surge protected strip for components that are controlled via DC controllers? The only thing I can see is possibly the current measurement???

For DC Versia pumps, can you monitor the DC current output from controller to warn of issues or only the AC current if transformer is plugged into Powerbar 6E?

Any other reasons to use Powerbar 6E vs regular power strip for components that do not seem to need be on a switchable Powerbar outlet?

I have 4 Versia Flow, 2 Streams, Fan bank, 2 Mitras 7206 lights, all of which do not seem to need to be plugged into a switchable outlet. Just planning my electrical hookups in my new install.
    Last edited by niccumec; 19.12.2023 at 16:47.

Hello,

A PAB powerbar is able to operate without ProfiLux because it has a fallback state in the event of no communication with the Profilux controller, it switches sockets according to the initial state programmed: "8. Optional: Set the fallback state of your powerbar".
    https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/kno...n-pab-devices/

Gaël
    No support or warranty issues over PM!
    Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.

Creating a support ticket
    For support or warranty issues, create a support ticket by clicking here.